Chapter Fifty-Four

I stalked through the trees, my eyes narrowed and my hands flexing and tightening into fists. Mike, after three days of shutting me out, had just mind linked me and told me I needed to go to his house immediately. I was pissed at him. I had wanted to tell him males weren't to be around her but the bastard had shuttered the mindlink to me and refused to open up. Then he had been avoiding me, so I was pissed.

Menza was still under my control. I didn't have physical access but she was still mine, she was still under my control. If I told her to jump, I expected her to jump without asking how high. A bolt of guilt hit my stomach at the thought and I winced slightly, trying hard to shove it away. I didn't want to think about it, I really didn't. I didn't like that I was feeling guilt about the thought about ordering Menza around like that. I knew I shouldn't, she deserved it. She stole Maeve from me, they were gone for two months. I missed so much.

Keep telling yourself that, it's not getting old at all.

The thought fluttered into my head and I shook it quickly, trying to shake the thought away. I wasn't overusing it like it was an excuse. It was the truth. I missed months of Maeve's life, she wasn't as happy anymore. She had a tooth, she was crawling. So much time, gone. I had lost it. Even now I was leaving her at home napping to go and see what the fuck Mike wanted. I wasn't going to stay for long. I was going to go see what the fuck he wanted, give him shit for barring me from taking to him about the males, and then go home. I didn't want to stay long, I knew I couldn't.

I was getting the urge to see Menza. To put my eyes on her and I didn't know what would happen when I did. The last I looked at her she didn't look right and a part of me wanted to know that it was a one off thing, that she was fine. I wanted her to look fine because if she looked fine, then the guilt would go away. That hissing doubt would stop telling me I had broken her, that I had hurt a good female. It hated it because I knew she wasn't. She stole my Maeve from me, kept her away from me for months. Those were not the actions of a good female.

I breached the treeline in front of Mike's house and he was pacing on the porch, his hands on his hips and his head down. From what I could see he was scowling darkly and my own eyes narrowed. "What the fuck is it you want?" At my voice his head snapped towards me and he stared down the stairs.

"We have massive problem." The words were clipped and my eyes narrowed further.

"You bet we fucking do." I stalked towards him and he worked his jaw. We definitely had a massive problem. He had no right to shut me out, no right to allow males around Menza. She was mine. "What gives you the right-"

"Delta Regan attacked Menza. He came into my house, put his hands on Dana, and attempted to take Menza." He barrelled through my statement without hesitation and I blinked, confused.

"What?" I stared at him, confused as to what he was saying. Regan had done what?

"Regan was here, stating Menza was his and that he was taking her. He put his hands on my female and then assaulted Menza." The words came out a second time and once I realized what he said a deep growl rattled my chest. I wanted to kill the male. It was an ache deep in my bones. He had another thing coming if he thought I would just accept what he was doing. I never said I was done with Menza, I never stated she was no longer out from my control. He and Stenton were pissing me off. I outlined exactly what was happening with Menza being at Mike's, Regan had no right to try to take a female that belonged to me.

"She is mine." I snapped it out and Mike nodded, running a hand through his hair.

"We're fucking lucky Jason followed me." The name sent everything in my head screeching to a halt. "He was able to get Regan to let her go but he can't always be around." I blinked rapidly before that anger rose up.