Chapter Sixty-Five: Part Two

"I'm going put something out there." It was one of the quieter females on the Council. She hadn't said much after the trials and I glanced at her. She was older, silver just starting to show in her hair but she looked distinguished, elegant. "I understand that when we are on hostile territory we never split up for safety concerns. However I do not think bringing Ms Aristotle to the pack jail, where she will be near the Alpha, is a good idea." I was surprised she said it, I hadn't think anyone would have cared about it but the Council, while intimidating, was really thoughtful. "I am putting out the option that we split up, those who wish to ensure Ms Aristotle, the child Maeve, and Ms Duffy are removed from the pack territory and settled into an outtake facility shall go with them, with which ever witch that wishes to go with them, and Officer Bently, as he's done with Mr. O'Neill." She looked around before she gestured with her hand.

"The rest of us shall go to the pack jail, get the agreement signed, while there reiterate the charges and punishments to the offenders, then head back to our meeting room to start discussions on the fines that will be levied. As well as discuss the punishment of William Etter and what we will do with him in the interim." She looked around and when I quickly glanced around all of the Council seemed to ponder on it. "Put it to a vote?" She lifted her hand and the big burly male gave a gruff sounding snort.

"No. It is safer. No vote needed." He shook his head before he came around the table towards me. I hunched in on myself. Unsure of what to do when he grasped my face in his big hands gently. "You stay safe. You keep lapochka [lassie] safe. Give big trouble. Councillor Sasha demands it." At that he gave me such a wide and warm grin that it seemed to transform his entire face and I found myself giving him a shy smile in return. "Cute myshka [mouse]." He tapped my nose with a big finger and shook it gently in front of my face. "Make me proud." With that he let me go and moved towards the door. "I go to jail."

"Well Sasha has made his thoughts known." The female huffed slightly before looking around at the rest of the group. "I'll go to the jail as well. Thomasina, Jovan, would you prefer going with Ms Aristotle?" The female who had explained the custody agreement to me nodded and slid the papers across the table and the friendly, silver haired shifted standing beside me gently patted my shoulder.

"We will ensure Ms Aristotle's transition to the intake facility is as easy as it can be, Dorothy." He gave me a soft smile and I gave him one back, swallowing hard. It was really happening. I looked towards Simon and then Duffy. Both seemed curious but Simon glanced at me and tilted his head with a sad sort of smile that nearly made me want to burst into tears. I was going to miss him, he couldn't come with me and I was going to miss him so much.

"I know. The rest of us, we will go with half the other Enforcers and head to the jail. Thomasina and Jovan will meet up with us after everything with Ms Aristotle is done." Everyone else nodded and before long they were all leaving out the door.

The white witch and the other one headed for the door before they both stopped. The younger looking one, Petty, turned and looked at me. "You can count on the Horis Coven if you ever need any help. Ask for Petty and I'll get everything sorted for you, sweet pea." She pointed at me and the white witch rolled her pale eyes.

"Bleeding hearts, all of you." She placed her hand on the other witch's head and moved her towards the door before those pale eyes locked onto me. "Don't ask for Petty. Tell them Muffin said to do whatever your pretty little heart desires." She gave me a rather eerie grin before she followed behind Petty and closed the door. I swallowed hard, reaching out and grasping Simon's hand in my own. I needed the comfort it brought, the comfort Simon always gave me.

"It's okay, fluff for brains." He gave me a lazy sort of grin that didn't hide the slight sadness on his face that made the lump. "I'll be right with you, okay?" I nodded before looking at Duffy and she glanced at me.