Chapter Eighty: Part Two

It didn't take long to finish the bathroom floor and I picked up the bucket and the towel. I rinsed out the dirty water and then gave the bucket and scrub brush a good rinse before draping the wet towel over the edge of the tub. I then moved out of the bathroom and tucked the bucket into the cleaning closet. My back ached slightly from being on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor but I ignored it as I moved into the main living area right as Collin walked through the door, a tinfoil covered pan resting on top of the laundry basket.

"Hey cupcake! I bring you distractions, diversions, and supper hand delivered by one handsome son of a bitch." His gaze landed on Menza who was sitting on the couch with Maeve on her lap and he grinned at her with a wink. That jealous feeling rose up sharply inside me, even my wolf bared his teeth, a low growl rattling his throat. I hated how he flirted with her, I hated how he acted around her. I never let it show because it wasn't my place but sometimes all I wanted to do was pummel the male into the ground.

"So exactly where is the handsome son of a bitch?" Duffy's snark had me fighting a bit of a smirk as I moved over to the sink and washed my hands. The old female got up off her spot on the couch and walked into the main area, throwing Collin a look.

He set the basket on the table and clutched his chest as if he had been shot. "Oh my love! You wound me!" He staggered slightly and all Duffy did was roll her eyes and tsst in his direction.

"You males are always so dramatic." She waved her hand at him flippantly as she picked off the pan of the basket.

I went to grab some plates from the cupboard and I worked my jaw back and forth before I schooled my face into a neutral expression. "Are you staying for dinner?" I looked at Collin and his shoulders tightened but he didn't look at me.

"Don't be fucking rude." Duffy snapped it out as she aimed a swat at him. "He's a prick but at least he has manners." The insult barely fazed me, I was used to them. After I had moved in with Menza it had been pretty much constant from the old female. She had even chastised Menza, saying she would have moved back in but Menza had said the baby was mine and that had set the old female off. She said that the baby was Menza's because Menza was building bones and teeth from nothing and I contributed nothing but ten minutes of fun. Which she had a point but I had wisely kept my mouth shut because the last thing I needed was Duffy convincing Menza to kick me out.

Collin's entire form spoke of how displeased he was with Duffy snapping at him over ignoring me and I took a small amount of pleasure in that. "Sorry. I ate already. Bennett and I are going to see why the electrical and plumbing are fucking up in the rec hall." I didn't miss how he spoke straight to Duffy, ignoring me all over again. I didn't say anything though. I was... I was getting used to it. It was better them ignoring me than there being outright hostility.

"I told you guys not to trust those mundies." Duffy took the basket off the table as Menza carried Maeve over to her high chair. "Should have done it yourselves." I turned back to the cupboard and pulled out three plates and one of Maeve's before grabbing the proper utensils.

"That you did." Collin chuckled slightly but there was an edge to it. All the males had that edge to them when I was around. "So no I can't stay. We gotta get back to work." I carried the plates and utensils to the table and started setting them out on the right places, using the place mats Menza insisted on having on the table. "Just figured I'd bring cupcake her laundry to fold and some supper."

"Thank you, Collin." Menza said it with a sweet smile in the male's direction before she turned and buckled Maeve into her high chair. I bent down and kissed Maeve's cheek as I set her plate on her tray. She giggled at me, patting at my face.

"Any time, cupcake." As Collin said it I glanced over at him. He winked at Duffy. "See you later, my love."

"I will bit you." The old female dead panned the words as she threw him a dark look.