Chapter Five

I looked down at the little female that had been all but tossed at me. Her hair was in a single, slightly fuzzy braid and she looked up at me with large brown eyes, that were set in a dainty face. In fact as I looked her over she was all together dainty and delicate looking, like a stiff breeze would blow her over if she didn't set her footing properly. She blinked, her colour almost grey and I tilted my head slightly. Her skin was dark, like a honeyed oak and I felt an eyebrow raise. Someone had definitely stepped outside of the pack to sire her. All the pack members were as white as driven snow.

The shouting caught my attention and I leaned against the door frame, narrowing my eyes as I watched a blond haired male square up against an aging male who looked similar enough that I knew they were related. "How could you! She is a member of this family!" The younger male shouted it out and I blinked again. A headache was forming with the hangover I felt at the base of my skull. The shouting and snarling that was going on was not helping that.

The older male growled low and deep, "She is-"

"She's family! You don't do that to family!" The words bellowed out of the younger male and I glanced back at the small female before gesturing slightly in confusion. I didn't know what the fuck was going on and it seemed to be centered around her but either she didn't see me or was simply pretending she didn't.

The older male snarled, his face red, "I am the Protector of thi-"

"Give me twenty minutes and you won't be anything but a bloodied fucking mess!" The younger male actually seemed to get ready to take a round out of the older male and given how upset he looked, I would have put my money on him.

"The fuck is going on?" I said it low as I gestured to the little female and she swallowed hard, her lithe hand coming up and grasping the collar of her shirt, twisting her fingers into it so tightly her knuckles turned white as she opened and closed her mouth. She seemed to be attempting to tell me but the words were failing her. Not that I blamed her, she seemed a timid sort and I hadn't ever seen her around so I guessed she was more than sheltered and didn't talk to strange males ever.

"Enough!" Stenton grabbed the younger male and pinned him down, ignoring the snarls and growls that erupted. His dominance shoved outwards hard and I half wanted to tell him to let it happen. Clearly a fight was brewing and him pinning the younger male was just delaying the inevitable. "I said enough!" He snarled the words out, heavy growls escaping him before the younger male stopped and submitted. Stenton shoved him down harder before he got off him. "Go home! This is not your business and not your place." The words were a low hiss of agitation and the young male threw a rather murderous look at the older male as he pulled himself to his feet and stalked off.

"And you need to control your heir, William. You should not require my intervention to get him to back down." Stenton's words were like a whip that the older male flinched under. I gave a small ahh at them. Father and son, that made sense.

"I was too lenient with him about the half-breed. I see I should have curbed that a long time ago." His words were snapped out and he threw such a harsh glare at the little female that she visibly flinched, her shoulders pulling forwards as if trying to protect herself from them. It made my mouth twitch as I watched it. I was done with the entire group of them.

"As amusing as this has been. If all of you could fuck off, that would be great." I pushed off of the door frame and stood as steady as my pounding head allowed me.

"I agree." Stenton nodded his head and gestured sharply with his hand. "Leave him be." I watched as the Beta and the older male and Alpha Stenton start to walk off.