8. Yuliyan PT. 2

Serenity Jackson

Serenity Jackson

This man is sick. He's playing with Luciano's head. Making him believe things that aren't true. As a Psychiatrist I see that Yuliyan is silently thanking Luci for taking Alan away. I don't know why, but the way he still smiles genuinely and his eyes still bright — the death didn't hit him too hard.

"Ms. Jackson, why him?" Yuliyan asks me sitting in front of me.

I tilt my head. Play the game, not the player.

"He was good to me. Still is. Why Alan?" I struck back.

He gulped clenching his glock to his side. "I-I loved him."

Past tense love?

"Loved?" I narrowed.

"I don't have to answer to you! You're my hostage. I ask you these questions. Not the other way around." He got in my face breathing hard. "Understand me Gorgeous?"

I nod with a smirk, "I understand you Sir."

Rule 1 of the Psycho handling handbook:
Never let them know that you know, what they know.

"What? Why are you smirking?" Yuliyan asks stepping back, he looked around as if he was looking to see if anyone was watching him.

"I can't smile, Smirnoff?" I asked. 

C'mon Luciano. I don't know how long I can test him.

"DO NOT CALL ME THAT!" He raised the gun to my head, his eye twitching.

I gulped, Play your next move swiftly, Serenity. I fixed my face showing no fear even though I am practically shaking inside.

"My mistake Yuliyan..I didn't mean to disrespect you."

Rule 3:
Don't ever make them feel unappreciated or disrespected. If so, apologize. Immediately & genuinely.

"UGHHHHH!" He threw a chair across the room, I flinched back with wide eyes as it landed an inch away from my foot. "WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS LUCIANO?!"

He wants Luciano... why?

"Yuliyan..."

His head snapped to mine. "What."

"Luciano. Is he..a selfish guy?"

Rule 2:
Make them feel like you understand their reasoning & motives.

He rapidly nodded his head. "V-Very. It's not fair how he got to be with him and I didn't." He sniffed.

Got to be with who? Alan?

"Who? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Rule 4:
Always give them a choice (if possible)