16. Ding Dong Ditch

Serenity Jackson

"Bella why didn't you let me help? We could've solved that together." Luciano said.

I sighed and looked away from him. "Because I needed my space."

His eyes faltered for a second. "What do you mean 'space'?" He asked timidly.

"I don't feel like we should be moving this fast Luci. It doesn't feel right." I explain to him still avoiding his gaze.

"What are you saying Serenity?" The anger in his voice didn't go unnoticed by me.

"I don't want to do this anymore Luciano." I cleared my throat swallowing my fear and raising my head, returning his stern gaze. 

"What do you mean 'you don't want to do this anymore'?" He gritted his teeth.

Rip the bandage off Ren. Rip it.

"I mean I don't want to do this anymore." I repeated.

Rip it.

"I don't want to wake up next to you or even in the same proximity as you anymore," I lied.

Rip it.

"I don't want to be seen with you anymore," I lied again.

Rip it.

"I don't want you anymore, Luciano."

Rip it- I DID.

His face was full of void. Nothing even dared to seep through the skin or his cold demeanor. It was like all the warmth had been taken out of him.

"Ok."

Ok? That's all? I just told him that I was leaving and he says "Ok"?! What the fuck.

"I hope you find exactly what you're looking for Bella." With that he walked away, leaving me to grovel in my own guilt and confusion.

Omniscient POV

The two split not daring to glance at one another as they continuously got farther apart.

Luciano was feeling guilt, shame, incomplete. Seeing as he felt like the "break up" was his fault. Now that he thought about it, it was his fault. He made her feel rushed. He hated that. But no matter how many years and women later he'd always look out for Serenity. His Serenity.

Now Serenity on the other hand felt nothing but regret. All she wanted to do was run back and slap him for actually being so easy to get rid of. Like that saying said; you never know how much something means to you until it's gone. In her case she lost the chaos she craved. Her chaos.

Maybe what Serenity and Luciano had was makeshift and only needed to be in act for temporary. Maybe the two just needed to be with each-other for a little to see that they want more than the other. If so, the deal was definitely sealed.

THE END