23. Flights & Promises

Serenity Jackson

After I got dressed I made my way towards the Orchard Garden where Matteo was waiting with a scowl and a bouquet of Lillies and Daisies. I smiled.

"Hey Matt." I greet him eyeing the flowers.

"Please don't ever call me Matt. It reminds me of Matt from The Vampire Diaries." He grimaced.

I rose an eyebrow at his words. "You watch TVD Matteo?" I asked.

"No. Sky is in love with the stupid shit. I've just been forced to watch it with her so many times I basically know everything about the stupid guy." He excuses.

"Mhmmm." I hum. "It's ok to like watching hot vampires, werewolves, hybrids, and witches you know."

He scoffs rolling his eyes. "As if."

I smile at his stubbornness. "Sky's my girl. I love her." I tell him.

"You and me both," I hear him mumble.

OH. It's like that huh.

"Mhm. She's great." He nods with a tight lipped smile. "You should go inside. I was just supposed to hand you the flowers and go."

"Right. Thank you Tay." I say as I wave to him walking inside.

As soon as I get inside I'm greeted with Angelo, who had a big brown teddy bear with a yellow bow tie and a piece of paper tied to it. I smiled hard.

"Ciao, Stupendo." He greeted as he bent down to kiss my head. "Don't open the note til Luci gives you the go, ok?"

"Hi Angie." I gently grabbed the bear from his hands.

That just made me want to open it even more goddamnit!! HE'S SO SOFT!!! At least now I'll have someone to cuddle while I'm in Florida.

"I've always known you were promised to be my sister." He said with a smirk.

I made a puzzled face cuz, huh?

"What-" I was cut off.

"Go. He's waiting." Angie said with a wink.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Bye."

"Bye Lovely."

As I smell my flowers and hug my teddy bear I smile to myself thinking about how he did this all for me. I love him so much. He makes me so happy. But also...

"I've always known you were promised to be my sister."

What did that mean? It's going to pick at me til I uncover it.

"Greetings, my queen." Luciano's deep voice said from close behind me. Soon I felt him wrap his hands around my waist, hugging me flush to his chest.

I inhaled his strong Dior Sauvage smell suddenly being turned on. "Hello, my king. Thank you for my gift's. I love them."

"Mm, glad you liked it baby. Come sit, I've got only an hour and a few minutes to spare with you before I'm forced to ship you away." He said guiding me to behind the large bushes of pretty flowers.