22. Diamonds

Luciano Rossi

After I left Serenity safely in the bath I make my way back to my office where I find Lena, Angelo, and Matteo.

Elena was on my computer looking at something with a smirk– most likely the first class plane tickets I ordered her. Angelo was playing Subway Surfers on his phone as he sipped a Dr. Pepper, and my little brother was sitting on the couch with a book in his hands.

"Why is my office infested with rats?" I ask humorously walking to the liquor counter.

"Brother, I do remember you completely loosing your mind at me when I drank my sorrows away and yet here you are drinking just because you can afford simply the best intoxications?" Matteo says with his scarred eyebrow raised.

I roll my eyes placing the halfway filled glass down. "Oh shut up Matteo. I'm grown." I remind him going over to see what Elena's looking at.

"Hmm. First class plane tickets to the Florida Keys huh?" She leaned back in my chair as she smirked up at me. "I hope you know that I won't be going without Will."

I heard Angelo scoff. "Why? So you two can fuck like rabbits the whole way there and back?" He asks raising his eyebrow.

"Don't make me shave that same raised brow, Morano." She threatened grabbing her dagger out of the side of her halter.

I widened my eyes. "No more of that now. At least not in front of my baby brother." I say as I take the weapon from the girl.

"'Baby brother?' What the fuck Luciano! I'm not a fucking baby! I'm 17. 17 years old! Turning 18 in a few weeks. I'm not your baby brother anymore..." He mumbled the last bit.

"Calm down, little guy." Angelo says.

Matteo flipped him off as he stormed out of the room. I sighed. He's right. He isn't a baby anymore. But he's wrong about not being my baby brother. Now that I think, I don't want him hear for this war that I'm planning for. Him or my mother.

"Don't do anything to piss him off Ana..." Lena whispered to me as she looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"To be 100% honest I don't care if I piss him off. He's still a child. Meaning he's still my responsibility." I huffed. "Now move, I need to order 3 more tickets and see if I can get them in the same plane."

•••

Serenity Jackson

It's now morning time and I can feel two strong pairs of arms wrapped around my waist. I smile gently when I spy the familiar little Spider-Man tattoo on his wrist. He must've loved Spider-Man as a kid.

I planted a kiss onto it as I gently removed it trying not to wake him. Failing miserably.

"Where you going Bella?" He rasps in a deep voice with his eyes still closed.

I bite my lip kissing his cheek then his nose and finally his lips when he weakly kissed back.

"I'm going down to make breakfast for everyone since I don't know when I'll be back." I say as I get out of bed.