Chapter 18 That'll never work..

Connor's POV:
I tell Jude the idea as he sits there confused.
"Okay.. So I thought maybe we could go to the hospital and see Mariana with Jesus and follow her to where she's staying. Maybe we can convince her to come back."
He sits there feeling doubtful.
"Connor... That'll never work.."
"You never know. And hey you snuck out and went to the hospital all alone just to see me."
"Yea I went cause I wanted to see you. I was sick and tired of your dad trying to separate us. I wasn't gonna give up on you. I love you too much to say good bye."
I smile as he says that.
"Thanks I love you too much to lose you too!" We kiss for a minute then pull away.
"Look you love Mariana too much to say good bye to her too. Jude what if you never see her again. You'll regret this for the rest of your life."
"But my moms watch my every move. We'll never get away with it."
"You never know until you try. And we won't sneak out. Just tell them.. We're going to the park or something."
He looks at me with a doubt full face again.
"Fine. Whatever. Let's give it a go.." He gets up and opens his door.
"Where did everyone go?" I say seeing Mariana's room empty.
"They're probably in the kitchen trying to call Mariana's friends asking if they know where she might be staying other than a hotel. She can't stay at one without ID." Wow Jude's really smart. That's what I love about him.
"Ok let's go." I say grabbing his hand leading him down stairs.

Jude's POV:
We walk into the kitchen seeing a bunch of Mariana's friends from the dance team crying.
"Hey.. Moms?"
"Yea sweetie what is it?" Momma says grabbing her mug filled with tea.
"Umm do you think Connor and I could go to the park?"
"Sure. Do you two need a ride?"
"No. It's better if we walk. Gets me a chance to release all the stress.."
"Umm ok.. Have fun. And be careful. Don't forget your phone. Text me when you want to be picked up." She says as Connor and I walk to the door.
"Ok bye."
We close the door behind us.
"It worked!" Connor says enthusiastically.
"So far... Don't get ahead of yourself." I say chuckling.
"Come on let's go. We're gonna miss the bus." I smile and we walk hand in hand to the bus stop.

-
Once we get to the hospital we go straight to the nurse's desk.
"Excuse me?" I say walking Up to the desk.
"Yes?"
"Have you seen a girl come in here asking if she could see Jesus foster?"
"Can you describe her dear?"
"She has dark brown hair, dark eyes, about this tall.." I say showing an example for her height with my hands. "She looks Hispanic... Well she is but-- yea and she looks basically like the boy but she's a girl. She's 15 and her name is Mariana foster?" I say in a calm but panicky voice.
"Would that be her?" The nurse points to a girl behind me sitting in the waiting area on her phone with tears in her eyes.
"Mariana!" I say running up to her.
"Jude! What are you doing here?!?" She gives me and Connor a big hug.
"I had to see you."
"I was only Gone an hour."
" Yea but considering you might not be coming back I thought I should see where you were."
" Aww Jude!" She says as she brings me in for another hug.
"Jesus foster?" A nurse calls out as she walks out of a room.
We all turn around and walk up to her.
"Yes?" Mariana says with concern in her eyes
"He's fine. He's stable and he's going to live. He was shot in his lower chest. We had to have a couple of surgeries and we did the best we could. You're a very lucky sister that he survived." She smiles and leads us to his room.
I start to cry as soon as I see him awake.
"Hey guys!" He says weakly but excited.
"Oh my god!" Mariana says as she runs over to hug him.
"Jesus you have no idea how worried I was for you.... I ran away."
Jesus starts to cry.
"I know. But why? Why Mariana why would you do this?"
"I guess I just needed some time to my self"
I look to see her hands as she plays with her nails. She was wearing long sleeves but one of them was twisted up and I could see half her arm. SCARS. I see scars! Why would Mariana do this. Jesus looks at me and I gesture my head at her arm.
He grabs her arm and starts to cry more and more.
"No Jesus!" Mariana yells
"Mariana... Why.. Why would you do this to your self? Don't you know how dangerous this could have been."
"...I didn't die"
"No but you could have. Why would you do something this stupid!"
She falls back into the chair and just starts to cry. I hear he door open behind me and I'm shocked with surprise by who I see...

Authors note:
Hey guys!! What did you think? Let me know in the comments. What did you think of cutting Mariana?? Little too much??? What are your theories? Who walked into Jesus's room? What will happen next? Find out in the next chapter! Enjoy!👍🏻👍🏻