Chapter 25 The stairs

Jude's POV:
I woke up to the sound of Mariana's loud music coming from the downstairs. I grabbed my phone to check the time. 9:38am. I got up carefully and made my way out of the me room quietly not to wake up Connor but he was already awake.
"Did Mariana wake you too?" He said causing me to turn around.
I smiled and sat down next to him on the inflatable mattress on the ground. I lean in to give him a quick morning kiss.
"Yea.."
"Wanna go see what she's doing this early?" He says grabbing my hand picking me up.
"Yep. Let's go!"
We walk down stairs and we see Mariana practicing a dance with Tia in the back yard. The music coming from the boom box was so loud that we couldn't hear ourselves think.
"MARIANA!" I say trying to get her attention
"Mariana! TURN THE MUSIC DOWN!!!"
"WHAT!!! Oh sorry Jude!" She says turning the music off. "Good morning. How'd you two sleep?"
"Well we were still sleeping fine until we heard the music."
She laughs
"Sorry. We had to practice."
"It's okay but don't put the music too loud you're gonna wake up the whole house."
"Oh everyone's awake. Moms and Callie went to the store to get some things for the house party tonight and Brandon has band practice. But Jesus is the only one still sleeping I think. Was he in his room?"
"I don't know I was too busy to notice over your music." I say playfully.
"Oh well sorry. We're almost done. There's breakfast on the table if you're hungry I made it this morning." Mariana says walking inside to get us plates
"Wow thanks Mariana." Connor says sitting down next to me.

-
As we eat it stays an awkward silence. I want to talk to Connor about all these dreams I've been having about him..but I'm scared of what he'll say. I should just brush it off. I mean it's probably just my mind making up all these crazy things. But...no I can't stop thinking about it even when I'm not dreaming. It's like stuck in the back of my mind and won't go away.
"So..you know how I had a bad dream last night?" I say awkwardly breaking the silence.
"Yea.." Connor says looking at me confused.
"Well.." Before I can finish my sentence moms walk in the house with bags in their hands.
"Hey boys mind helping?" Momma says handing us bags.
"Alight that's the last of them." Callie says walking in with more bags.
"Jeez guys. You're going all out for this party. It's just Mariana's dance team party.."
"Yes but this is very important to her. She just got into the championships and has been a little crazy with the dancing ever since she...you know" I could tell moms didn't want to talk about the accident anymore so I didn't say anything. Instead I smiled and grabbed a couple of bags and brought them into the kitchen with Connor helping.
"Well We're gonna go get ready. Guys if you could all pitch in to start decorating and putting all the things out so we don't waste time,that'd be great!" Moms say heading upstairs.
"Sure." Connor and I say.
"Well I have to go get ready too." Mariana says walking back in.
"I'll see you later Tia." Callie says following Mariana to door.
After Tia leaves Mariana and Callie head upstairs to get ready. Since we're boys all we really have to do is change. Girls have to change do their nails hair and makeup.
"Ok. Let's get decorating." I say while I start to take the things out of the bag.
"So what about the dream you had last night?" Connor says bringing the subject back.
"Well I..." I start to speak but stop when I hear someone or something fall hard from the stairs! I run to see what fell down the stairs and start to cry when I see it.
"OH MY GOD!!! Connor help!!!" I say screaming.
I can't believe this is happening!

Authors note:
Hey guys! What did you think? Let me know in the comments. What or who do you think fell down the stairs? Will Jude and Connor talk about the dream? Will Mariana's party be spectacular? Let me know your theories in the comments and stay tuned for the next chapter. Enjoy! By the way I wanted to tell you that I'm going back to long and medium chapters like this. I'm going to be posting only one chapter a day. They won't be short. But enjoy!