Chapter 37 Second chances and The evil twin

This chapter is dedicated to warpaintteam cause he's is a really good friend of mine. And omg Connor's lips!😍 alright enjoy the story.

Connors POV:
Jude cried and cried into my arms. I could feel millions of tears falling down my cheek.
"Jude I'm so sorry." I say squeezing Jude a little harder.
He pulls away and I wipe his tears away. He stares into my eyes but doesn't smile.
"You don't have to be sorry" he laughs nervously while grabbing my hand and lacing his fingers with mine.
"I should've never broken up with you. This is all my fault. You shouldn't have to apologize"
I lean in to his lips and he smiles as his lips touch mine. He places his hands on my shoulders as I lean closer causing him to fall on his back to the grass. I get on top of him and continue kissing him. I open my eyes and pull away.
"But wait. Daria."
Jude looks down and his smile disappears.
"Yeah. Umm I don't know what to do now..."
"Well..." I say picking up his chin and looking into his eyes. " are we back together?"
He slightly smiled and leaned into kiss me. When we pulled away we both smiled.
"Yea. There's always time for second chances." Jude says smirking.

*******

Jude's POV:
It's been 2 hours. I grab my phone out of my pocket and check the time 1:25am.
"Mom. It's really late shouldn't we go home and get some sleep?" I ask as I yawn and rest my head on Connors shoulder. We've been in the hospital since we heard about Jesus and we were waiting until it was good for us to go home.
"Well momma and I have to stay for the information on Jesus' death but Brandon take the kids home and we'll see you guys in the morning." Mom says giving Brandon the keys.
"Jude lets go." Callie says getting up.
"Mmm" I groan into Connors arms.
"Come I'll carry you to the car." Connor says offering me a piggy back ride.
I get on his back and rest my head on his head as he walks me to the car.

****
I woke up to find myself in Connors arms in my bed.
"Morning" Connor says kissing my forehead.
"Hey.."
"So how are you feeling.. About the whole...Jesus thing?"
I look down then back up at Connor.
"Not any better. But at least your here so that shouldn't be a problem." We smile and I lean in to kiss him. I place my hands on his shoulders and he places his on my waist.
"We should probably eat something" I say puling away.
Connor chuckles. " sure lets go."

Callie's POV:
I wake up and grab my phone from my bed side table. 9:32am. I stretch and start to get up. I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth.
"Hey. Good morning." Mariana says walking in.
"Hey.- so- how'd you sleep?" I say in between brushes.
"Okay... Not the best but... Whatever"
I don't say anything back. I look at her and smile then continued to brush my teeth.
-
12:00pm
Jude's POV:
"Hey Jude how you feeling?" Callie says walking in my room. "Where's Connor?"
"I'm okay. I'm still really upset. Moms aren't even home yet but you know. I'm getting there. And Connor went to get us some drinks"
I look down. "It's just..." I start to feel tears in my eyes.
She sits next to me on my bed.
"It's gonna be okay Jude. It's gonna be okay." She says stroking my arm. "Are you feeling like you felt about mom?"
I look down again and a tear falls down my face. "...a-- yeah. A little.....it's just... When something good finally comes to us like Connor, Mariana's dance competition, Ana's baby and your adoption we think we're finally gonna get a happy ending but something is always gonna be there to bite us in the butt. And---" I start to cry and cry. "It's not fair. I don't understand why we can never just get a break for once. Jesus is dead and now we're never gonna get a happy ending." I cry into Callie's arms for what felt like forever until Connor came back with our drinks.
"Hey... Jude what's wrong?" He says putting the drinks on the night stand and sitting beside me.
I wipe the tears from my eyes and switch from hugging Callie to hugging Connor.
"Callie can I talk to Connor alone?"
Callie looks down then back at me.
"Ummm yea sure. I'll be in my room comforting Mariana. Come talk to me if you need it okay?" She gets up and walks back to her room closing the door behind her.
I turn back to Connor to find him crying.
"Connor what's wrong!"
"I- I just don't think... Daria."
"What about Daria?"
"I'll tell you after" he says wiping the tears away from his checks. "What's wrong with you?" He grabs my hands and lacing his fingers with mine.
"I just- every time I finally feel like my family is going to get a break and a happy ending we don't. I got you, we had Ana's baby but not anymore, Callie's adoption, Mariana's dance win, and her remembering... But-..." I take a shaky breathe and look up at Connor. He wipes the year from my face and I smile against his touch.
"But.. Then Jesus...he's dead and now no matter what there's always going to be that problem blocking our happiness from now on. And...I'm just trying to hold it together. I don't want to be scared but.... It's just too much!" I cry into Connors arms really hard. I was having a complete meltdown. I make loud sobs that causes everyone to run into my room.
"Jude what's wrong!" Mariana exclaims
"Jude! It's okay. It's gonna be okay." Callie says walking up to me stroking my arms. I remove my face from Connors chest and turn to everyone at the door but still hold on to Connor.
"I'm sorry." Brandon and Mariana walk up to me and sit next to Callie on the floor by my bed.
"Look I know that Jesus is my twin. And Brandon you have known him longer than Jude but I think Jude and I were closer to him.... Can I talk to Jude alone for a minute? You can stay Connor." Mariana says smiling at Connor and I.
"Thanks. I don't want to leave Connors side right now." I look up at him and smile. I softly press my lips on his and pull away.
"Alright well let us know if you need anything." Callie gets up and walks downstairs.
"Yeah. And moms aren't home yet so I'll let you guys know if anything." Brandon says following Callie downstairs to make breakfast.
Mariana turns back to face me with Conor's arms still wrapped around me. I am still looking at Connor and he whispers in my ear that everything is gonna be alright and keeps giving me quick kisses.
"So. I know how hard this must be for you Jude. It's hard for me too."
"I know. And I feel terrible. This must have affected you so much. And believe me I wasn't as close to Jesus as you but.. You know how I am."
"Jude. Don't say that. You were very close to him. You guys shared a room together." She starts to cry. I let go of Connor and give Mariana a hug.
"It's okay Mariana. I know how you must feel. It's gonna get better."
"I k-know. I know" she says trying her best to stop crying. She smiles nervously at both of us and starts to get up to leave my room.
"Oh wait a minute." She walks back in and kneels down next to me and Connor. I start to get nervous.
"Jude.." She looks at Connor causing me to bite my lip and look at him too.
"I know.... Will you come with me?" I say looking at both Mariana and Connor.
Mariana smiles and nods. Connor does the same then kisses my forehead.

Connors POV:
I can't believe we were actually going to confront Daria about all this. But Mariana's going with us so this should be twice as good as I expected.
-
Mariana, Jude, and I take the bus to the mall as I text Daria
C- meet me in the mall. NOW!
D- okay... Y? What's wrong?
C- u should know.
D-..umm no I don't..
C- meet me in the food court bye.
D- ... :/

"What did Daria say? Is she coming?" Jude asks wrapping his arm around mine.
"She's coming but she sounded really confused. Almost like she didn't know what was going on."
"She's playing the innocent card Connor. I know what she did to me."
I nod and smile at Jude as he lays his head on my shoulder.
-
"Where is she? She should've been here by now." Jude says checking his watch.
"Jude don't worry she'll show up" Mariana says. "I'm gonna go get something to eat. You guys want anything?"
"No" Jude and I say in unison.
Mariana walks away to get some food.
"What if she doesn't show up?" Asks Jude nervously.
"She will don't worry."
"But what IF she doesn't?"
"Well...then we'll just have to face her at school. I mean we only have like a week anyways right?"
He doesn't answer he just nods and tries to keep looking for Daria.
My phone vibrates. Jude turns around and anxiously looks to see if it's from Daria but it wasn't. It was my dad.
Adam- hey Connor. I'm gonna pick you up soon. Let me know when you're ready.
Connor- okay. I'm at the mall right now.
Adam- alright. See you later.
Connor- bye.
"Who was that?"
"My dad. He's picking me up later."
Jude turned back around and saw Daria looking around the food court. When she spotted us she smiled and jogged her way over here.
"Hey guys. Sorry I'm late. My sister was being annoying."
We had confused looks on our faces.
"Sister?" Jude asked
"Yea. She's really annoying."
"Oh"
"So what's up?" She asked taking her phone out of her purse.
"Listen we need to talk to you. You threatened Jude to break up with me!" I blurted out.
"What?!? No I didn't! Why would you think that. I'm cool with you guys."
"Yes you did. At the park you said if I didn't you would hurt my family.-" Jude says until he's cut off by Daria's phone.
"Who is that?"
"My sister. She's coming here. Or do you not believe me on that either?"
Jude shrugs as a girl walks in the food court and makes her way over to our table.
"Hey" Daria says giving her sister a hug. I couldn't see her face because it was hidden behind a hat.
"Ella these are my friends. Guys this is my sister Ella.
She takes off her hat and our jaws drop.
"Hey. I'm Ella.
Daria's twin sister. Same exact face. Dark makeup. Almost goth. Only one problem. She's the evil twin.

Authors note:
HOPE YOU ENJOYED! Very long. Stay tuned for the next chapter and let me know what you thought! Enjoy!