1

Fire and Ice

Eileen wasn't the hugest fan of car rides. She quietly preferred walking, letting the thoughts drive through her head before she feels at peace. This helped her with her love for writing and her health since she could practice exercise and not feel as sickly when she does harder workouts.

Currently, she was on the way back to the valley with her mom Kelli, and her mom's 'friend'  Samuel, who helped fund her restaurants.

"You ready to go back to the valley?" Samuel asked, looking at the girl in the mirror.

"I guess. Hopefully less bullying," Eileen shrugged. The only thing she was looking forward to was seeing Demetri and Eli again.

"Hey, if those bitches bother you again, just let me know alright?" Kelli said, turning to her before the car started to swerve where her head was going.

"Eyes on the road!"

"Shit, mom!"

"Okay, okay! Jeez, you two act like my parents!" Kelli said, now paying more attention to driving before. Eileen shook her head before putting her air pods in her ears, letting the music calm her. It was a while before Kelli wanted to listen to a song that wasn't on Spotify yet but was on youtube.

"Eileen," Kelli asked, gaining her attention, "do you mind using my phone to play some of the Taylor Swift music videos?" Eileen nodded and Samuel looked at her.

"Taylor Swift music videos?"

"What? Her music hits me with feelings and it helps me concentrate!"

"No, it doesn't."

"Yeah, you're right."

"You know you can listen to her songs on Spotify?"

"I prefer the music videos."

"Whatever you say."

As Eileen hit play, an ad came up. It started to play through the whole car, letting everyone know about Miyagi Do Karate.

"Holy shit. Didn't know LaRusso was going to do it again," Samuel commented. Eileen was about to say something before Kelli took a different turn rather than going straight to the house.

"Mom?" Eileen asked. Kelli just looked in the rearview mirror and smiled.

"Demetri is at the beach right now, one of Demetri's moms texted me, so I thought it would be a fun surprise to let him know you're back in town!" Kelli explained as Samuel did jazz hands.

Eileen smiled before turning to the right, "Thanks, mom... Do you want me back at a specific time to help unpack?"

Kelli shook her head, "live your life, young child. Spend some time with your friend, try to make some more." Kelli said before parking. Eileen looked to her left to see Demetri with Eli, who now had a very new mohawk. They were playing volleyball and Demetri was about to hit the ball.

Eileen who was wearing a green halter top, small denim shorts, some sunglasses, and sandals walked over to see him hit the ball into the net. She smiled watching him talk sassily to Eli before talking to some girls.

"I'm kind of enjoying the gain with no pain!" She heard him say.

"Gain with no pain?" Eileen repeated. The two boys turned around with wide eyes at the girl, who seemed to have glowed up while she was gone.

"Eileen!" Eli yelled out, lifting her and spinning her around. Eileen laughed as he put her down and hugged her before Demetri pushed him back and hugged her.