30

"Hey," Robby greeted Eileen as she walked up to Miyagi Do dojo. Eileen smiled as she stopped walking so they could walk together.

"Hey!" She answered back. They did their handshake, not noticing Eli staring them down. Specifically, Robby. They heard a whistle from Chosen, notifying the group it was time to start their lesson.

"Line up!" He yelled out before yelling in Japanese. Eileen walked next to Demetri, with Robby beside her until Eli went in between the two. The girl raised her eyebrow at his reaction but Eli pretended like he didn't do anything, pointing up to pay attention to Chosen.

"So, where are my Dad and Johnny?" Sam asked, looking up at him.

"Not here," He replied. "Today, you train with me." He shouted in Japanese, Eileen giving him a nervous smile. "Attention!" He put his hands on each of his sides, the rest following in pursuit.

"Bow." He instructed. The group bowed, looking up at the man in awe. "Cobra Kai gaining ground. We must prepare. Come."
Eileen and Demetri grabbed each other's hand as they followed Chosen to where he was going.

"Now, we learn about Yanbaru Kuina." He told the group what they would be doing.

"What is that? Like some secret karate move?" Chris asked, seeming to be genuinely excited about the karate session today. "Like a throat rip." Eileen shook her head and smiled at Chris' antics before she looked at Chosen.

"No. It is bird." He told Chris. "In English called Okinawa rail. Endangered. Cannot fly."

"Hence, endangered." Demetri nodded.

"I'll protect them with my life," Eileen mumbled. Eli chuckled at her intensity. He pulled out a dozen eggs covered in a cloth.

"So, these are the real eggs?" Miguel spoke up.

"No. Trader Joes. $3.29." Chosen responded. "Take egg."

Demetri grabbed two, handing one to Eileen. She smiled at him, gently bumping into his shoulder to show affection.

"So what do we do with them?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, I had the same question," Eileen added on.

"Yanbaru Kuina must protect egg. From Kume Shima habu. Poison snake. You must do the same." Chosen told them before turning an hourglass filled with sand. "Begin your preparation!"

"What are we protecting them from?" Robby asked.

"From me." Eileen raised her eyebrows in response. He seemed to know what he was doing, so she didn't know how she was going to manage this. He yelled at them to go, throwing his weapons at them.

"Tri, wanna help me?" Eileen asked, going towards the building. He nodded, still unsure of what she was doing. She forced him to lift her as cheerleaders would at a football game. Once she made it to the roof she put the egg in the gutter and hopped off the roof back to Demetri.

"— I'm pretty sure they're just, uh, catching up." She heard Miguel talking.

"They are," Eileen confirmed, the group jumping at Eileen butting in on the conversation. Chosen whistled, notifying them that the hourglass finished its purpose.

"Looks like the hunger games have begun," Demetri spoke, sounding confident as he wrapped his arm around Eileen. "Luckily, I have eggs-ecuted the perfect plan. When I win, everyone will have egg on their face. They'll be shell-shocked. The yolk will—"

"Yeah, okay, we get it. What's your plan?"

"Yeah, you seem to have a strategy, spill." She told him what to do with a poker face. She knew Chosen might be watching their every move, so Eileen had to strategize. Maintain a calm face.