18

Match Point

"I can't believe you beat me at a Prom posal," Demetri sighed, as the two love birds got out of Eileen's car. Eileen grabbed her book bag from the back before walking up next to him.

"I mean, you can do yours if you want," Eileen tried to make him feel better.

"Maybe. Maybe not," he replied, smiling at the girl. She smiled back as the duo walked into school after the long weekend. Hawk follows after the duo to show them his hair. He pulled Eileen to the side as she gasped.

"I love it!" She complimented as she hugged the boy, "purple is definitely your color."

"Thanks," he said to Eileen before turning to Demetri as they walked, "you ever figure out who the hell that guy was?"

Eileen remembered the man with Kreese. Something felt off about him, she just didn't know what. And the way Daniel talked to him meant there was a trauma that was left untouched.

"Vietnam vet turned businessman. Had a few ups and downs, but still turned out pretty rich. Not much dirt other than some toxic waste scandal in Borneo back in the '80s," Demetri told the two, showing him what he found.

"Sounds like a Renaissance man. How'd you find out his name?" Hawk inquired, wanting more info.

"Eileen and I took a picture at the dojo, found an old facial recognition beta test, and tweaked the code to make it compatible with HEIC," He explained.

"And I showed a photo to Samuel, told me a lot of stories about that very crazy man, I have a lot more dirt than my love," Eileen added.

"I love it when you talk nerdy, and you talk like a detective," Yasmine walked up to the duo, twirling her hair flirtatiously. The couple didn't know how, but when they got together, Yasmine flirted with both of them, as if she was attempting to make them a polyamorous couple.

"Aw, Yas," Eileen replied as the two linked arms. Since Yasmine had been nicer, the two became friends easier. Although Eileen still wasn't a huge fan of her because of the bullying, she kept her calm.

"You are both the second and my second favorite person to say that. Eileen is the first of course," Demetri responded, wrapping an arm around her.

"Listen, uh, bad news. I just found out my dad's wedding is gonna be in Sydney," Yasmine pulled the two to the side.

"Sydney, Nova Scotia?" Demetri asked. Eileen and Yasmine looked at the boy, "Australia."

"Since it's in May, it means I won't be here for prom or the tournament. So I won't be able to the dance with you, Eileen," Yasmine explained, Eileen giving her a half smile.

"It's okay," Eileen told her.

"But I'll still root for you two," she said with a smile before she got closer to the two, "consider me an admirer from afar."

"Hey, we will take whatever I can get," Demetri responded before he moved his arm from around Eileen's neck to hold her hand.

"Save me a seat at lunch?" Yasmine flirted.

"We always do," Eileen said before Yasmine blew them both a kiss.

"When are we going to tell her that we don't want to do a poly relationship?" Demetri asked Eileen.

"I think we're already in one," she said as watched Yasmine walk away before turning to Demetri.

"All right, no offense," Hawk wrapped his arms around the two, "but I have no idea how you two pulled that off."