15

Let's begin

There was a silence after what the two men said. The group looked at each other, wondering what the duo meant. Eileen turned to Demetri and gave him a look that said ask what that meant. Luckily, he caught on.

Demetri raised his hand, "Uh, begin what exactly?" The two senseis then looked at each other to see who would respond to his question.

"Begin a new era," Daniel began, "many of us used to be enemies. But rivalries don't need to last forever. The All Valley tournament is just a few months away. And this year, the stakes are higher than they've ever been. We know that Cobra Kai is gonna use every dirty trick in the book. There's only one way we're gonna be able to beat-"

"By kicking their asses so hard that they shit themselves," Johnny interrupted. Eileen raised her eyebrows in surprise and leaned her head to Hawk.

"Is he always like that?" She whispered. He leaned towards her, "Pretty much." Eileen nodded.

"We gotta take things to the next level. Gonna teach you an aggression stronger than anything Cobra Kai can throw at us. They strike first? We'll pre-strike!" Johnny went on. Eileen gave a few snaps at his speech while Daniel stopped him. Demetri gave her a look but she shrugged not knowing what was going on.

"Okay, we're getting ahead of ourselves. We are going to respond to what they do."

"Eagles do not respond. They swoop down and take whatever they want. And that's what we're gonna do. Take back the Valley."

"Take it back in a measured and organized approach."

"We bite first!" Daniel sighed as Demetri and Eileen turned to each other with the same look. This was going to be harder than they thought.

"Okay, let's just warm up with some simple exercises," Daniel announced.

"Alright, line up!" Johnny yelled at them. Hawk, Eileen, and Demetri hopped off of the platform and went into a line right next to each other.

"And just breath and follow me," Daniel announced to the group. He started to do blocking moves with his arms, Eileen following closely when Johnny announced for his group to kick, which caused Nate to be kicked onto the ground.

"Shit, Nate!" Eileen said out loud, crouching down next to him.

"Shit dude, I'm sorry," Mitch apologized. Nate groaned in return. Eileen pulled him up as the senseis agreed to start practice fighting. Up first were Mitch and Bert. Eileen laid her head on Demetri as they watched the two swinging punches left and right.

"Hey, hey, hey! You're just swinging at each other! Don't you teach any defense?" Daniel stopped the fight before looking at Johnny.

"Best defense is more offense," Mitch told Daniel.

"I don't think that's right," she said quietly before Burt kicked him into the rock. Eileen's mouth dropped in alarm and concern.

"Why do you have a rock in the middle of your dojo?" Johnny asked. Eileen smacked her forehead while Demetri shook his head.

Then Daniel had Sam and Eileen train together. They circled each other, waiting for one to make a move. Eileen smiled as Demetri cheered her on.

"That's it. Keep circling," Daniel told them, "don't anticipate, stay focused."

"One of you do something. What the hell is this?" Johnny asked. Eileen kept her focus on Sam while she looked at Johnny.

"Yeah, that's not really how this works. One of us has to be provoked," Demetri said back to him. Johnny threw his water bottle at him, causing Eileen to lose her focus.