21

The fall

Sam and Eileen had carpooled together to get to the tournament, Sam not wanting to stress her father and Eileen because her mom was going to be late. When they got there, Eileen grabbed Demetri's hand as Daryl was about to start the tournament. He pulled her closer to him noticing her sleepy eyes.

"You good?" He asked. Eileen nodded, not wanting to distract his focus.

"Eileen!" She heard a familiar voice. The group turned to see Samuel running towards them while a security officer attempts to get him to sit with the others.

"Samuel!" She called, running to hug him, "thank you for coming on such short notice."

"Well, you asked for me to be here as your birthday gift, so happy early birthday!" He whispered.

"Thanks," she replied, looking up to him.

Samuel looked at the group, nodding towards Daniel, "kick cobra kai's ass."

"All right, line up!" Daniel announced, Samuel walked back to the stands after rousing the Miyagi Dos. Eileen went behind Sam and in front of Demetri before taking a deep breath.

"This sensei and dojo need no introduction. He took the all valley by storm in 1984 and '85 and quickly became one of the greatest underdogs in the history of this sport. Last year this dojo came out of nowhere and made it to the finals. They got some new fighters and they're ready to show the world that they're the best around. Give it up for Miyagi Do karate, led by two-time All Valley champion Daniel LaRusso!" Daryl declared.

They walked in a single file line through the fog, starting to jog to their spot once they were out. Eileen spotted Kelli by Amanda and Samuel near some of his friends from the Valley.  She waved at the two of them, Kelli waving at her back before noticing Samuel waving at her as well.

"My mom might kill me," Eileen mumbled to Sam. Sam's eyes widened in concern before Eileen pointed to her mom who stared at Samuel, who was enjoying a chili dog. After Daryl announced Cobra Kai and Eagle Fang, the skills competition began.

"He is so hot," Eileen gushed as Demetri showed off the handheld kama blades. Eli and Sam chuckled under their breath noticing that she didn't mean to say it out loud.

"Focus, Eileen," Daniel reminded.

"Right, right, sorry." Eileen watched as the others go, some being perfect and the others making small mistakes. Robby finished with his Kata performance, it was time for Eileen.

"And last but certainly not least, here is Eileen Goldberg, doing kata!" Demetri, Samuel, and Kelli immediately started to cheer as Eileen walked to the center of the mats. She bowed before she yelled out and started doing the movements. Once she was done she bowed before walking off.

She got patted on the back by everyone before she saw Johnny staring at her. He nodded to her, a proud look on his face.

"That was hot," Demetri whispered looking down at her. She pulled on his gi to plant a kiss on him.

"Since when did that happen?" Robby asked out loud, pointing to them from across the gym.

Tory looked at him like he was crazy, "weren't they always together?"