Chapter Forty-Four

I didn't want to let go of Happy. We only have a few days at most before he gets taken away from me again, but I knew they needed to find Tera before anything else happened. My mom refused to hide out at the cabin, which should have been expected. I watched as Abel and Harper rolled around together, seeing them side by side filled me with so much joy I could almost ignore the chaos that was going around me. Happy took the seat next to me, they were about to roll out as soon as Jax dropped his stuff off, I laid my head on his shoulder breathing in his scent. 

"So much to do and so little time", I sighed. He kissed the top of my head and took my hand. 

"I will talk to Clay and see if I can get home tonight at a reasonable hour and we will talk it all out and set a plan", I nodded. Soon everyone was leaving to do whatever was ordered of them and I was going with my mom to her house. 

"Mom this really isn't a good idea, you're not safe here". 

"Baby, I'm sleeping in my bed end of the discussion". I sighed hanging out in the living room with the kids and Lyla. 

"Do you want me to take Abel with me for the night?" 

"No, I was hoping I could keep both of them since it will be a while until I see them again", I thought about it for a few moments before agreeing. Mom will likely be leaving sooner than Happy, and by the time he gets home anyway, Harper will be asleep. I kissed my mom on the cheek saying goodbye to everyone in the house.  Since Harper was with my mom and I likely wouldn't see Happy for a while I decided to find out all the information I can about the sheriff issue, maybe I could get the club ahead of everything. My first stop in Uncer. 

I walked right into the police station and sat down at Uncer's desk, not making any small talk. 

"I need to know why the sheriffs are taking over", he just looked at me before grabbing a file from his desk. 

"Hale is running for mayor and if he wins charming PD will be no more", I read through the file, I saw a piece of information about Salazar. 

"Salazar is working with Hale?" 

"Looks like it, he has been running his errands". 

"Does this have anything to do with Tera?"

"No, but Salazar's girl was found dead, so he has nothing to live for, he's going to be making a run for it". 

"He's going to go for Hale," I whispered. I grabbed the file and took it with me and tried calling Jax then Happy and Clay but no one answered. I had to get there just in case, I grabbed the gun I keep in my glove compartment hiding it in my purse, and hauled ass to hales office. The receptionist tried to stop me but I ignored her and barged in. 

"Why are you working is Salazar?" 

"Excuse me, who are you?" 

"Answer my question, I'm not playing. He has someone I care about and your ass is in the middle of it somehow and I want answers now". 

"I don't know who that is or who you are, so please exit my office", he was rushing me out when the office door opened, and in walked Tera and Salazar. 

"Dr, Knowles" the receptionist got out before the gun was pulled and he was rushing me and Hale back into the office. 

"Let Charming know they got themselves a hostage situation". Salazar said slamming the door. I took a minute before reaching and pulling my gun out. 

"Put it down, you aren't getting out of this alive", I pointed it at him, but he grabbed Tera and used her as a shield. 

"Who the fuck are you?"