Chapter One

I packed my bag with only the light of my phone screen to help. I couldn't risk waking him up. I grabbed my bag with all my important papers and limped to the living room and looked at the couch. On the couch sat the reason I worked up the nerve to leave my abusive asshole of a boyfriend, she slept peacefully in her seat waiting for me to leave with her, my baby girl Harper Quinn. I grabbed her and walked out the door, once I passed the threshold I felt as if I was forgetting something I turned around and made eye contact with my other baby, Outlaw.

"Outlaw come" I pointed next to me and the beautiful german shepherd followed silently.  I got everyone in the car and started it up speeding out of the driveway. I knew there was only one place I could go. I grabbed my phone and dialed a number praying she hadn't changed it in the 7 years I've been gone.

"Hello?" Her voice groaned, I mentally slapped myself, she was clearly asleep it's midnight in Charming. "Who the hell is this?"

"Mama, it's me."

"Anastasia?" I could hear the disbelief in her voice.

"Yeah ma" I was having trouble forming words.

"Baby what is it?"

"Can I come home? I'm sorry for leaving, you were r-" she cut me off.

"Of course you can come home. Where are you ? I'll come meet you."

"I'm on my way from florida".

"I'll meet you in Texas, You can't drive all that way alone". I knew she was right I was already tired and Texas was at least a day's drive away.

"Okay, mom?"

"Yeah baby?"

"I love you"

"I love you too, forever and always."

------------

I passed the border to texas and could barely keep my eyes open. My adrenaline was wearing off and I needed to sleep. I never thought I would go back. I left the life to make my own path and burnt a lot of bridges on my way out, but where else are you supposed to go when you hit bottom?

I pulled off to a cheap motel. I grabbed my purse and the carrier, I left Outlaw in the car until I knew it was pet friendly.

I walked into the office and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked awful, my face was bruised and my lip was busted. 

"Hello ma'am what can I help you with?" There was a little old white haired lady behind the desk. 

"Are you guys pet friendly?" She looked up at me and I could see the visible horror on her face from my appearance. She nodded and gave me a sad smile. "I'd like a room for a night". She rang me up and I gave her the cash. I grabbed the key and parked my car in front of my room. I let Outlaw out on his leash and waited for him to use the bathroom. I gave him the little bit of dog food I had in my car then let him in. I made sure I fed Harper too. She was only 2 months old so I was still breast feeding her and all she did was sleep so that made it easier to travel. I texted my mom the motel and laid down drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

I woke up a couple hours later when I heard the sound of motorcycles pulling in. I should have known she'd bring everyone. I looked down next to me to make sure Harper was still asleep and went out to greet everyone. 

"Outlaw on guard." I pointed to the bed and he sat in front of it. He was a sweetheart but when told to guard something he will protect it with his life. I taught him this before Harper was born so he'd protect her if my ex ever tried to go after her. I stood in front of the room and watched everyone pull in and park. I spotted My mom and Clay first then my big brother. I felt my heart speed up as I made eye contact with my mom. My eyes started to fill up and she rushed to me and wrapped me in her arms.  I wept into her shoulder collapsing to the ground.

"Oh my babygirl" I knew everyone was surrounding us. I pulled away and looked around. For the first time in years I was surrounded by my family.