Chapter Twenty six

Ever since that conversation with Clay, we've been playing a lot nicer. Well, I have been playing nicer, Jax is still on a warpath. Happy and I were finally in a consistent place. I sighed setting the papers down on my desk looking at the time. It was already 11 am and Lyla hadn't arrived. 

"Louanne have you heard from Lyla?" I asked walking out of my office. 

"Yeah, she said she blew a tire and was taking her car to TM then she'd be here" she responded not even looking in my direction. That makes sense it's not like her to be late. 

"Alright, I'm going to run to the store and grab some supplies that I noticed we needed. I'll be back!" I grabbed waved everyone off running outside to my car. I had managed to grab all the supplies from the store and get through check out quickly when I saw Tera in the parking lot.

"Hey what are you up to?" I asked her walking out. I wasn't able to hear her answer due to the familiar short blond woman who was parking her equally familiar van in the parking lot.  My instincts told me to chase her, to grab her and hold her down in oncoming traffic until a semi hit us both. However, she noticed me and ran before I could even move. A hand on my shoulder pulled me back to reality and before I knew what was happening my elbow was in Tera's nose effectively breaking it. This day was just getting started. 

2 hours later while sitting in the hospital waiting for Tera and arguing about me seeing a shrink and her telling me her sob story I was finally walking out, it just so happened the same time I walked out was the same time my lovely brother walked out. 

"Did you really clock Tera? I thought you were moving on!" 

"It was an accident Jax, she came up behind me and scared me, that's all. It was an accident". 

"Where are you going next?" he asked with a sigh.

"I need to get my car from the store. Give me a ride?" He nodded and we walked to his bike. As we were driving down main street we notice Opie walking towards Zobelle's men. "Shit get off". I watched as my brother drove in between Opie and the other men to talk him down. I noticed Happy standing on the sidewalk next to Clay. I made my way over there when everything escalated. Jax's bike was on the ground and everyone was fighting Happy was about to jump into the fight when I called his name. 

"Happy!" He looked towards me and read the expression on my face saying to stand down. He obliged and walked over to me making sure to stand between me and the violence. We heard the sirens in the distance and Happy told me to go. Everyone was going to be getting arrested even if they weren't fighting. I ran past Clay and gave him a slight nod to acknowledge him and ran into a shop. I watched from the shop as Hales took the club away. 

What feels like hours later I was able to get back to Cara Cara. Shortly after getting back I started in on a little more work before receiving a call from Hap saying they were all released. I knew there was no way I would get any work done so I just locked up my office and left for the day. By the time I got back to TM they were already in church and by the look on their faces when they came out it was a hard vote. 

"Hey baby", I greeted Happy with a kiss. He gave me a slight smile and we walked outside for a smoke. Jax and I were chatting about getting more security fro Cara Cara and possibly leaving Outlaw there as a guard dog when Ma and Caly came back out. All of a sudden there is a loud explosion and Chibbs is thrown to the ground. Everyone took off running to him when I noticed the van. It was the same van from the store. It was the can from that night. Those people were still torturing me and I could feel this was just the beginning.