Food for The crew

I made sure I was extra quiet. Making food is hard and time consuming. But this is how I will show my appreciation to everyone for not killing me and showing me kindness. I am not sure what time it was but everyone was asleep.

I would make soup and some chicken curry! Back when I was a slave... They made the girls cook. Not that we were very good they were just sexist.

But I was now a good cook now! Getting a big pot I go find the refrigerator. For some of the vegetables and meat. Opening the refrigerator I find Bepo fast asleep. I slowly get out all the things I needed and gently closed the door.

"That was close." I whisper to myself.

Cutting some of the potatoes and cabbage I hear the fridge door open! Bepo came out in a panic.

He looked at me,"Spiders they asked me to tap dance, I Don't wanna tap dance!"

"Tell those spiders Bepo." I say.

"Ok yeah I'll tell them..." Bepo yawns and goes back into the fridge.

Looking back at what I was cutting I saw that I had cut my fingers. Crud.
______
Finally all the food was prepared! I just had some cuts on my hands and burned myself in a few places. But it's all going to be worth it!

Yawning I turn off the fire of the oven and head to my room. As I walk to my room I see some of the lights come on. That must mean that it's about to be morning. Opening the door to my room and closing it with my foot my small light blue night light at the far end of my room.

"I missed you Mr.Pillow." I say falling on my bed.
____________________
"Hey kiddy wake up!" I hear penguin knock on my door. The sound stared me.

"I am sleeping I can't hear you." I say muttering.

The door creeks open. Penguin picks me up,"Come on some food fairy came to us last night." He grinned.

My fingers hurt from that cut last light. I lay my head on his shoulder to sleep just a bit more.

"Shhh you will wake her."
"She is so kind for making us food."
"I wish she was my sister."

I hear the crew talking. I didn't want to open my eyes. Hearing all the nice things from the crew members made me feel loved.

"Hey look at her arm it's all red and swollen."
"So is a bit of her face."
"She cooked for us and she got hurt."
"Bepo take her to the infirmary."
"Right."
I was placed in bepo's arms and carried away. I am such a burden to them. They must hate me. Mr. Law must hate me. My insecurities were getting the best of me.

"Good morning Captain." Bepo stops almost dropping me.

"Bepo, what's wrong with Miss So-Ming?" He asked.

I keep my eyes shut. Not the captain, couldn't they have just left me alone. I was fine, this is embarrassing.

"She burned herself making us that food." Bepo explained.

Ugh! Should I say asleep or wake up?

"Oh, hand her over I will tend to her."
Law said. I do my best to pretend I am still sleeping. But I have no idea how to relax my joints.

Bepo hands me over to Law not that he can just disobey him. Law told Bepo to go tell the crew to start eating without him. I felt that we had started to move again when Law asked me how long I was going to pretend to be asleep.

"Until we had got to the clinic." I open my eyes and fiddle with the band aid on my middle finger.

"That was nice of you to make the entire crew a meal." Law bandaged my arm.

I grinned at him. He sounds like he is proud of me. "You are staring at me." He pokes my nose with his gloved finger.