Get stronger

I've never really interacted with other kids my age. Just a few times with Low. We made friends but, later, they were killed. To make sure that we never lost someone we cared about we never talked to anyone else. Nobody else mattered, just us. Low and I were fold to others but we did it to protect ourselves.

Now I am so so lonely. I miss my mother and my brother! This life is so unfair! I had to grow up and fast. Mr Law hopefully wants the best for me. I'm unsure of what to do now. He said the New World is dangerous. I guess I have everything I need to start a new life.

The newspaper writes about princess Vivi and the country going through some internal and external cleaning? Not sure, is it really safe. I'm Trafalgar So-Ming now so maybe it will be okay.

"This is it, Low." I look at the Mind mind fruit. Do all devil fruit look so weird?

I bite a large chunk of it. I wince it's so nasty! Ew yuck! 3 more bites and I am done! Breathing out I finished the fruit. My body pulses. Something has changed. Now I must learn to control my powers whatever they may be.

Will Kid come after me? I sure hope not. Pulling the heavy boat on to shore, so it won't drift away, then I tie it around a post.

Feeling icky I look over at a sign.

Welcome to Orange Tundra.

What a strange name for a island.  Taking out a few hand fills of beli. Upon entering the town. The towns clock struck 11. Then I heard it! Peoples thoughts!

The kids will be out of school soon.

This guy is a fool.

The winter coats are 15% off today!

I can't remember what was it? Oh yes leeks!

I will be a marine that everyone will love and respect one day! Hahahha.

The voices of what people say, but Keep to themselves. I'm reading their minds!

It's 11 already? Fuck me!

I pinch the bridge of my nose,"How do I turn it off?"

Looking at them I think of the word shut. As to shut up. So I didn't hear their minds anymore thank goodness. Gotta learn what else I can do. Also need to find away to leave the island to that desert kingdom.
*****

After changing into a new pair of clothes I try to find a place to work and stay. Also to master the art of reading these people's minds. I wore a floral shirt with black pants. I washed my hair in the sink and tied it back. I enter a bookstore. The smell of new books and flowers was wafted in the air. The library was quite cool. Taking a deep breath taking in the moment. Some more adults glanced at me but said nothing.

Pulling a book a the shortest shelf it was about the wild flowers of the south blue. But stopped short of the sound of someone clearing their throat. Ready to pounce I cautiously turn my head. I man with a gray beard looked down at me arms crossed. Cocking my brow at him. Time to try out my powers.

"I haven't seen you around here before did you just move here? Or are you a pirate?" The man tapped his foot on the floor. Waiting for me to give him a answer. Really he thinks I am a pirate?

On, I say in my head. His thoughts were now all exposed to me.

Who is this girl? Where is her guardian? If she tore out a page from that book I am going to hurt her!

The man kept tapping his foot waiting for me to respond to his earlier question.

"I didn't touch your book if that's what you're wondering. I am just a kid that travels around. I am looking for away back to my kingdomAlabasta." I say putting up the book, adjusting my backpack.

This kid will be nothing but trouble I just know it!

"We'll miss if you don't plan on buying anything." The man points at the door. "Get out."

Crossing my arms I walk around him muttering under my breath,"Rude motherfucker."

What did she just say to ME?!

I laugh hearing a person's thoughts was wonderful! I can hear everything their thinking. Hearing him say he was going to strangle me I quickly get out of the building. It won't be so bad. I can do this, I'll see you soon Mr.Law! I think Low would be happy that I got his devil fruit too.