Bedtime story

[Few weeks later]

Sometimes it would be hard for me to sleep at night. Wiz was nice enough to have bought be a bedtime story. He reads it to me every night for the past weeks. He has the best storyteller voice.

Wiz had started to read me this story about a girl who was poor and wished to be a princess and the process of becoming one. But a few days ago he got sick. Jack had become his replacement. Jack reads slowly and in a bored tone. So I had to fire him from his job as executive storyteller.

Flopping down on the black chair and opening the book. Looking at the pictures helped me understand what was happening but it's not the same. Learning to read hasn't been easy for me. I pout, I've given up on reading. I let out a huff and lay my head down on the table. Hearing a knock at the door I spring up. Wiz!

"Miss So-Ming I am coming in." I hear Law. He could be a good replacement?

"K!" I pick up my book and hold in my hands.

"It's lights out, oh here." Law handed me a kimono! How did he know I wanted a kimono?

I smile and take the gift,"Thank you sir!" I spin around the book falls on my foot.

"Ow!" I jumped back.

Law picked up my book.

"Will you read me a bedtime story, pretty please?" I grab his blue spotted jeans.

"Not now So-Ming-ya." he pushes my head trying to get me off.

I hold on tighter. I was wrinkling the kimono.

"If you don't let go I will spank you." He pushed my head harder.

I fell off this leg on the floor. I made a small thump falling on my back. I felt so upset and sad.

"Ok....t-thanks for the kimono mister Law, goodnight." I bow my head and pick up my book and walk over to my bed.

I hear Mr Law sigh and start to leave. He paused at the door then left shutting the door. Feeling a lump in my throat I swallowed it down and turned off the lights. My nightlight turned on. Walking over to the clothes drawer I place the kimono inside. Walking back to the bed, placing the book on the light blue nightstand. Jumping in to bed and tucking myself in. My heart shattered. Wipe my eyes.

Just breathe.
Breathe.
Don't cry.
Its not that big a deal.
I'm not sure if I had cried myself to sleep but I know I woke up to a gentle rubbing on my back.

"The now the new Princess had to learn how to run a whole castle. Like servants, and ordering people to help guard the castle and the other maids who resided in it." Law read.

"How is this interesting? Oh." Law said to himself. Then started to read again.

"While on her walk to the garden a green wizard had appeared. The wizard tricked the new Princess into giving away her crown." Law had stopped rubbing my arm and closed the book.

"Why did you stop?" I ask yawning.

He let out a hitched breath he wasn't expecting me to wake up I guess.

"Sleep. This will be the only time I do read to you." He said his back towards me.

"Mr Law, do you love me?" I ask grabbing his tattooed hand.

"That's not important." He answers coldly still not facing me.

Oh, then that means no doesn't it. He really must not love me. I wish Low was here! Biting my lip I let go of his hand and I wipe my eyes. Pirate's can't love I guess.

"Tsk. Fine ask me again tomorrow I will let you then answer then, just don't cry." He takes off his hat and puts it on my head.

"Okay!" I beam and fixed the hat. So warm and cozy! I can't wait till tomorrow!