Episode 55

Not sure which ones, but all kinds of warnings⚠️on this one. So, be aware.

Three years earlier

Three years earlier.

"Go home kiddo! This is a military base, not a playground. There is nothing for you to do here. Go home!"

"Kiddo?" Yang Meng's face took an irritated twist to the right. "I told you, I am a police officer. I have a military base pass, and I am looking for Liu Chong."

"Lights were out an hour ago kiddo." The guarding second lieutenant barked back. "No soldier is allowed out of the barracks at this time. Come back tomorrow during visit hours, and we will let you in. please step back from the gate, or we will have to do so by force."

"You don't understand, this is important." Yang Meng mumbled. Again, that feeling of people disrespecting him. All because of his pretty looks. If it was Bai Luo Yin, or Gu Yang, things for sure would have rolled differently.

"Open the gate. He is with me."

Oh, thank you... He turned around to catch a look of his savior. Inky Mazda-six flashed its lights at him, and halted by his side. The blacked-out window slid down. Unexpectedly a familiar stern visage peeped at him. "You are not here for Yin Zi, are you?" Gu Hai asked.

"No, I am here for Liu."

"Jump in then."

All scorn on the second lieutenant face wiped itself out as if never existed. The heavy gate trembled open with a rustling creak. "Mister Gu, of course. Please Come in." Attempting to repent his previous sin, and win some extra points. The soldier added. "Lieutenant Colonel Bai just passed here minutes ago, doing his routine night stroll. He probably hasn't hit his barrack back yet."

"Thanks."

A recollection of the excited Bai Luo Yin going on about the day after his honeymoon popped into his head. He turned to Gu Hai, his eyes questioning. "Didn't you guys come back from your honeymoon yesterday? I thought you are moving to live out of the base today."

"We postponed it for tomorrow."

"Ahh. Will you tell Yin Za I said hi?"

"Sure."

He hopped out at the dorms. His beamy face glanced at the stern driver. "Happy moving."

Gu Hai nodded. Granting him a faint smile.

His impatient pair of legs sprinted up the stairs. Ignoring the strange curious stares of a few sleepy wondering soldiers. He made his way to Captain Chong's room. Two short knocks., and the door opened. "Yang Meng? Hi." Liu's voice weaved itself in an apparent confused surprise. "How did you manage to get in here at this hour?"

"I met Gu Hai at the gate. Do you have a few minutes for me?"

"Of course, Come in. Is everything okay?"