S E V E N

N A O M I ' S  P O V

I didn't go to work because my manager said it was my day-off, I just stayed here in my apartment and I didn't want to go out. I want to buy other things but I don't have enough money yet, I'll save up until I can buy things again.

"I'm hungry again, what else can I cook?" I ask myself.

I remembered that I didn't have a refrigerator, and I didn't have any kitchen utensils. I just went out of the apartment, I went to my place to work to eat there. I still have money, and I still have money for my allowance tomorrow. I know my Mom is looking for me now, but I left her a letter. And hopefully he will understand why I left, because I was getting tired of our house.

"Sunday morning rain is falling." I sang.

I stopped immediately because I noticed a mist, so I took shelter first. It wasn't announced that it would rain today, I also forgot my umbrella. I was very hungry but I couldn't do anything because it was raining now, so I sat on the bench to wait for the rain to stop.

"Sunday morning, rain is falling."

I heard someone sing that song, I turned around and saw Joshua. I saw that he was carrying an umbrella, why did he take shelter when he had an umbrella? I just averted my eyes, because he might notice me again. When the rain stopped I immediately got up and walked to the resto, I was very hungry. When I arrived my co-workers were even more shocked because I was here.

"Isn't it your day-off today?" Lisa asks.

"Yes, I have a day-off today, but I just came here to eat." I answered.

I ordered food and just waited, when I saw it was raining again I groan.

"What should I do, I haven't brought an umbrella yet." I said.

After a while, I was called to take my order, this is how it feels when you are called because your order is already cooked. I ate right away and quickly finished, I'll buy an umbrella next to the resto so I can go home. I left the resto and went to the adjacent store, I went in and got an umbrella. I looked at the price and I was surprised, it was too expensive so I just returned it. How can I take it home if I don’t have an umbrella?

"Are you short of money?" Someone asks.

"Yes, I don't have enough money to buy um—" I couldn’t continue what I said because I saw Joshua.

"J-joshua..."

"It's you, Naomi. Would you like me to buy you an umbrella?" He asks.

"Don't worry Joshua, I'm not going to buy an umbrella." I answered.

"But it's raining, you might get sick." He response.

I suddenly felt my heart beating fast, I don’t know why I felt this way. I just sighed, I'll just pay Joshua when I have money.

"I really need an umbrella, I'll only pay you if I have the money." I said.

Joshua nodded and took the umbrella I took earlier, I thought he would take another umbrella. When he finished paying, he gave me the umbrella, and I smiled a little.

"Thank you, Josh." I thanked him.

"You're welcome."

I gave him a smile and left the shop, which was embarrassing but I will definitely pay him when I have a salary.

J O S H U A ' S  P O V

"I'm confused, Cheol. She said I would forget about her but, I can see her everywhere." I said.

I'm with Jeonghan and Cheol, they're the only ones I can be with on weekends. The others have their own companions, when we are just the three of us together I can express my feelings.

"It’s hard to forget a woman when you’ve already liked her, or you’ve already loved her." Cheol said.

"But the more you can’t forget the woman when she’s already hurt you, or she’s already looking for someone else." Jeonghan says.

"Why? Did Minju hurt you?" I ask him.

"Minju didn't hurt me, I just said that because it's true." He answered.

"You've experienced that, Joshua. Especially when in the garden." Cheol said.

He was right, I was hurt. Even though I just like Naomi it hurts me, and it’s even more confusing that I can’t forget her.

"I even bought her an umbrella yesterday, I told myself to let her go." I said.

"That’s hard, especially if you’ve started to really love or like her." Jeonghan says.

I just sighed and drank the soda, I was too stressed with love but I knew I was unlucky in love. I just didn't really expect that the day would come when I would be like this in love, it was different then and it's different now. It was getting late, so we decided to go home. Even when I go home, Mom and Dad are not at home. This is where I first stayed in the plaza, also very crowded so I enjoyed the silence of the plaza more. 

"Sunday morning, rain is falling

Steal some covers, share some skin

Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable

You twist to fit the mold that I am in

But things just get so crazy

Living life gets hard to do

And I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew

That someday it would lead me back to you."

I stopped for a moment at that line, I remembered Naomi. I am becoming desperate again.

"That someday it would lead me back to you."

I slowly sang that line, I just sighed and closed my eyes. I just want to relax my brain, our graduation is also near and I need to be ready for my college course. They say that college is difficult, especially when you take a medical course. But I don’t believe in that, because if you can do it, you really can do it. When I opened my eyes I saw Naomi across from my bench, this time I could see her again.

"Why do I seem to see you every day." I said to myself.