S E V E N T E E N

N A O M I ' S P O V

I can still remember our kiss in his car, I mean it was just a peck, but wait is that a peck? I don't know but I feel like it's just a smack for me, after that kiss he apologized to me. I shook my head, to somehow disappear that Joshua kissed me, I want us not to talk about that later tomorrow and the next time, or maybe just for life.

While walking down the hallway I saw another couple, why do I always see a couple? One day, I saw a couple, last night I also saw a couple too, does it make me look like I need to answer Joshua? But I said to myself, I will answer him next week, but why am I not sure yet?

"Why am I not sure yet?" I ask myself.

I shook my head again and head to the rooftop, here I am today, staying here in the rooftop while the students are having fun and talking to their new friends and classmates, while me, staying here at the rooftop enjoying the scenery. When I arrived in the rooftop, I immediately sat on the floor, it's not dirty so you can sit down. While enjoying the silence, I felt like I wanted to lie down here on the floor and sleep, but I still had class. I'm the type of person who is sometimes lazy, but wants to work hard. I really don't want to work anymore, now that I'm busy, especially since I'm in college.

"Ah, I'm sleepy." I said.

"Then you can sleep beside me."

I was startled when someone response to what I said, I turned to where that voice came from, and when I turned around I saw Joshua.

"S-shua, you're here." I said stuttering.

He sat beside me and tap his thighs, my body lay on the floor, while my head was on his thigh. I closed my eyes because I was dazzled by the sunlight, I could not continue to stare at Joshua's face. This is a chance that I can stare at his face but I'm dazzled by the sunlight, when I opened my eyes, I can clearly saw that Joshua was the one staring at my face.

So I close my eyes again, pretending that I didn't saw anything, he might be embarrass if he saw me looking at him. When the bell rang, I sat down again and looked at Joshua, he was still looking at me so it was a bit embarrassing.

"Hey stop looking at me." I said.

"Why would I stop? You're beautiful then I won't look at you." He said.

I shook my head and chuckled, we stood up and leave the rooftop, we might be late for class. Joshua and I were separated because his classroom was in a different direction from mine, so when I got to the classroom I immediately sat down. Luckily I wasn't sleepy when I got here, I shouldn't be distracted.

"Too tiring, what am I going to do?" I ask myself.

When our class was over I went in to not-so expensive restaurant. When I finished ordering I eat, I missed eating bibimbap and jjajangmyeon. Before, Mom was just cooking it, now I'm just buying or maybe eating at a small restaurant, but I'm used to it and I know it's the best.

"Ah, I miss this home cuisine." I said.

When I finish eating, I walk towards the counter and paid my order, I went out of the small restaurant and came back to school. I took my phone out of my pocket and check if Joshua texted me, but I see that he didn't so I put back my phone into the pocket. I headed back to my classroom and took my bag with me, I want to go to the library and I wanted to read some books. I couldn't do anything in our classroom, and I didn't know my classmates very well. When I arrived to the library, I went to the bookshelves just to find a book that I wanted. There are also books here that contain storytelling and so on, if I can't do anything in my classroom I really went to the library. When I heard my phone was ringing, I took my phone out of my pocket and see who's that person who texted me. When I saw that it was Joshua, I immediately opened it and read what he texted me.

Joshua:
Where are you now? I saw that you're not in your room.

Naomi:
I'm in the library right now.

Joshua:
I'll be there, wait for me.

Naomi:
Okay then, I'll wait.

I put my phone back to my pocket, I left the bookshelves and sat down, it was just right that Joshua came because he immediately sat beside me.

"What are you reading?" He asks.

"I don't know, but don't disturb me." I answered.

I heard him chuckled, I notice that he stood up and went to the bookshelves, I think he'll read something too. I looked at what the title of this book was, and I saw that it was 'Peter Pan', it was my favourite one and I took the right decision to read it. It was a novel one, it's not like children's books, so it's okay and I'll like it especially.

I thought if I could take this book at home, as if I could read something whenever I couldn't do anything. When Joshua came back, he sat beside me and started reading the book he chose, I like the surrounding because it was so quiet and peaceful. When the bell rang, I immediately stood up and walk towards to the teacher, I lend her the and I said that I'll take it home.

I sighed in relief that she agrees, until next week the book is with me so I smiled. Joshua and I went out of the library and we walked together to the hallway, I was about to walk on the right side when Joshua holds my hand. What would he do this time?

I was just surprised when he suddenly kiss me on my cheeks, I could feel the heat on my cheek.

"Just allow me to kiss you on the cheek and mouth, it's just smack or peck."