T H I R T Y E I G H T

N A O M I ' S  P O V

I don't know if I will be nervous or anxious, I told Joshua that we should talk, I wanted to be excited but I remembered that Joshua was angry with me. I was the one who told him to forget about me, but here I am, back in Korea just to talk with Joshua and hope that maybe we can be together again.

When I saw that Joshua was here I was nervous, I didn’t know what the outcome would be if I talked to him properly, or what we were going to talk about.

"I'm sorry because I was late, it's Minjeong's birthday today." He said.

Minjeong?

"Is it your girlfriend?" I asks him.

Wow, I was even hurt by my question.

"She is my friend." He answered.

"Oh okay." I response.

He sat next to me but there was a distance between us, we became quiet because I had nothing more to say, and I also didn’t know what to do.

So, why did you call him if you two would just be quiet?

"What are we going to talk about, Naomi?" He asks.

"Do you remember when Mom’s death anniversary was?" I asks him.

I turned to him and saw him bow his head, I knew he couldn’t visit Mom anymore because of me.

"I forgot." He answered.

He has already forgotten.

I averted my eyes from Joshua, why did I ask that.

"I'm sorry if I bothered you, we don't have anything to talk about, so you can leave." I said.

"How about you?" He asks.

"I will stay here first." I answered.

"Okay then." He said and stood up, ready to leave.

"See you around, I guess." He said.

I just nodded at what he said, when I noticed that he was gone I sighed, my chest hurt and my tears started dripping. I don't know but it hurts me every time I remember our past, the last moment we both had was not good, because Mom died, I did something wrong and it's not my fault yet. Then I left and lied to him, I already have a lot of guilt for Joshua and I don't want to add more, I don't want to hurt Joshua anymore.

What am I really going to do?

"Doctor Park, you are here." My secretary says.

"Good morning, Lia." I greet her.

"Good morning too, Dr. Park." She greeted back.

There will be a meeting and I'm a little late, all the doctors are here so it's awkward because I just entered, I saw Joshua looking at me so I'm trying to avoid.

"Dr. Park, your eyes are swollen." Dr. Byun said.

"Is it swollen?" I asks and he nodded.

I took my phone out of my coat pocket to make a mirror and looked into my eyes, they were really swollen, I remembered that I cried last night until midnight, I sighed and put my phone back in my coat. It's too embarrassing to face the doctors if I look like this, I took my specs and put them on, I went to face them and simply smiled.

"Are you really okay, Dr. Park?" Dr. Byun asks.

"Yes, I'm okay." I answered.

The meeting started, I just listened carefully to what they had to say, but it seemed like they wanted to close my eyes but I just resisted.