T W E N T Y S E V E N

N A O M I ' S  P O V

"Good luck, Seokmin." I said when Seokmin went off.

It's okay for me if I don't win, the only important thing for me is that I enjoy the contest now, and I'm sure I made Joshua happy. I don’t know if Mom has arrived or seen my performance, but I try to text her so I know.

Naomi:
Did you see my performance?

But I didn't receive a reply, she might just be late, if anyone took a video of my performance, it was definitely Joshua. I know where he was sitting so I saw that he took a video of me, I don't know if he shouted or not but I'll find out later when the event is over. I tried to call Mom, a few more rings but she didn't answer, maybe she's on her way right now, I heard Seokmin singing and I can also say that his voice is beautiful.

A few more contestants sang and it took a while because someone was late, I felt that while the event was over I was nervous, before I was not nervous when the event was about to end.

"Calling the contestants to come here at the stage, because we were about to know if who will be the winner tonight." Seungkwan announced.

We went on stage, while on stage I was even more nervous, I tried to calm myself but it didn't work. Seungkwan has already announced who are the 5th, 4th, and 3rd runner up, now it will be known who is in 2nd, 1st, and the winner.

"2nd runner up is..." Seungkwan says through the microphone.

"Park Jihyo!" Seungkwan announced.

Everyone applauded and we applauded as well, she accepted the trophy and the prize, it's a good thing there is a prize because we will use that for good. Seokmin and I are the only ones left, and my guess is that Seokmin will win, his voice is even better than mine.

"I will announce who is the 1st runner up." He said.

"The 1st runner up is..."

"Park Naomi!" He announced.

I was surprised by what he announced, and I was right in my prediction that Seokmin would win, it was obvious that he would win because of his beautiful voice. When the event was over I approached Joshua smiling, he smiled at me as I'm walking towards him.

"Congratulations, my angel." He said.

"Thank you."

"Congratulations too Seokmin." Joshua said to Seokmin.

"You both did a great job, and I was surprised with Naomi because, I didn't know she could sing." Joshua said.

"What you don't know, you heard me on the rooftop singing." I response.

"Naomi has a wonderful voice." Seokmin says.

"Yeah, she has." Seungkwan says.

When his friends left, we followed, until now I haven't seen Mom so I'm nervous again, what's happening to her?

"Did you see Mom?" I ask Joshua.

"Your Mom hasn't arrived since earlier." He answered.

I nodded, as we were leaving the school I received a call, I handed Joshua the trophy and the prize I won from him, I took my phone out of my bag and looked at who was calling. Only an unknown number is listed but I will answer it, maybe because it is important.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Park Naomi? Child of Charlotte Park?" The woman asks on the other line.

"Yes, I am," I answered. "Why? What happened to my mother?" I asks.

"Your mother is here at the hospital, please come here." She answered.

I hung up the call and put my phone back in the bag, I looked at Joshua and took from him the trophy and the prize I had won.

"Mom is in the hospital, we should go." I said.

He nodded and we walked towards his car, we got in the car and as soon as he drove away, Joshua drove fast. The traffic didn't catch up with us because it was ten o'clock, when we got to the hospital I quickly got out of the car and so did Joshua, I asked the nurse which room is my mother. When they answered my question I immediately went to that room, when I arrived I opened it and saw Mom. I slowly approached the bed where my mother was lying, I looked to see if she was still breathing because I could see the pallor of her lips, I just cried when I found out she was no longer breathing.

"M-mom.." I said.

What happened to my Mom?!

"Who did this to you, Mom?!" I shouted.

My tears are already dripping and I can't help but hug the body of my lifeless Mother, I don't know if I'm still in the right frame of mind but all I can do is cry and hug her. Now that we’re okay, why did this even happen? We are happy, but why does this have to happen?

"Are you Park Naomi?"

Someone ask behind us so I turned to them, I saw the police, what's my Mom's fault?

"Yes, I'm Park Naomi." I said while sobbing.

Joshua walked towards me, he held my hand so I looked at him, he just nodded and faced the police.

"We received a report and there were also witnesses to the incident." The police said.

"They said, hit and run happened to your mother, and before we forget, our deepest condolences to you and your family." He added.

I just nodded, they told me the incident and I cried again, I didn't know what to do but all I knew was that I needed justice. How did they do that to my mom? Heartless people, have they done nothing good in their lives but to kill their a person?

"We will do everything to catch those who killed your mother." The police said and I nodded.

I thought my mom’s funeral would be held tomorrow, and maybe Mom’s parents would come, I also wanted to see them because Mom didn’t tell me where Mom’s parents lived.

"Is it okay with you if I leave first? I will go home to say goodbye to my parents that I will join you here." Joshua said.

"Just go home, I'll be okay here." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"I want to be alone this time, Shua. And you need to rest now, just come here tomorrow." I answered.

I knew he was being forced so he nodded, he left the room and I sat down on the chair. I cried again because I didn't really know what to do, what else could I do without Mom. Will I still be happy? Will I be the same as before?

I don't really know anymore.