F O R T Y E I G H T

N A O M I ' S  P O V

I woke up without Joshua around, I didn't know where he went so I decided to just leave his office, but I still didn't want to leave so I went in again and sat on the couch. I took my phone out of my pocket and checked to see if he was texting, but I didn't receive a message from him.

"Where did he go?" I asks myself.

I tried to contact him, and I looked at his desk, he actually left his phone. I shook my head and ended the call, I lay down at the couch again and close my eyes, I wanted to sleep but failed.

"Eotteoke?" I asks myself.

I just sighed and stood up, looking at the view outside from his office, well, his office doesn't have a terrace, but I look at the outside from his window. I can't do anything, I don't play games on my phone because I don't know how, not like Joshua who plays on his phone whenever he's bored.

"Naomi?"

I turned to where that voice came from, and I saw Joshua, I smiled and went over to him and hugged him. He hugged me back and kissed my neck, it was normal for me that he would kiss me on my neck.

"Where have you been?" I asks him.

"I just had an operation." He answered.

"Was it successful?" I asks him.

He suddenly sighed and he shook his head, I frowned and averted my eyes, it's so hard when you're a doctor.

"What's wrong with the patient?" I asks him again.

"He had a brain tumor, and it was so weak, I did everything but he gave up." He answered.

"It's really like that, you can't do anything, yes you give everything but when the patient gives, we really can't do anything." I said.

"You're right." He said.

"By the way, are you hungry?" He asks me then he bent down leaning his head on my baby bump.

"Are you hungry, my child?" He asks the baby inside of my womb.

When I felt that the baby kick Joshua looked at me and smiled, I also smiled back at him and turned his attention back to my baby bump.

"You're kicking now, you might be a dancer like your Dad." I said.

"Be a dancer like me?" He asks me and stood up.

"Why? Don't you want your child to have talent?" I asks him.

"I want to, but it's better for him to be a singer, like you." He answered.

"You're also singer too." I response.

"Yeah, I forgot." He said so I chuckled.

"By the way, I'm hungry, I want to eat right now." I said.

"Okay then, let's eat our lunch now." He said.

But I remembered the food I had brought for Joshua so I turned to his desk, I sighed and went to his desk and took out the tupperware out of the cellophane.

"I brought some food for lunch, but it's yours." I said.

"Did you cook a lot?" He asks.

"It's just a little, so it won't fit the two of us." I answered.

"I'll just order through online, and I'll pay, I have money with me." I added.

"Okay then, let's eat together." He said.

"Yeah, of course we'll eat together." I said.

I took my phone out of my sling bag and ordered food online, when I finished ordering I put my phone back in my sling bag and looked at Joshua.

"Are you playing on your phone again?" I asks him.

"Yes." He answered.

"Wait, are you upset?" He asks.

"Okay, I'll stop now."

"No! It's okay!" I said.

"Just play games there, I know you're bored right now." I added.

I sat on the couch while waiting for my order to arrive, I picked up my phone again and just watched music videos with other artists like Taylor Swift, Harry Styles, and others.

"Please don't be inlove with someone else, please don't have somebody waiting on you." I sang.

"Your voice is still beautiful." Joshua says.

"Well, thank you." I response.

When the door opened I turned around, I saw Joshua's secretary come in with my order, I was surprised and hurried to her.

"Slow down, preggy woman!" Joshua shouted.

When I got close to Joshua's secretary I accepted my order, I wanted to pay her but she stopped me, because she didn't call me inside.

"Don't, because Doc told me he would pay me." She said.

"Shua!" I shouted.

"I'm the one who should pay her!" I added.

"Calm down, Naomi." He said and sighed.

"Uhm, Seulgi, just let her pay you." Joshua said.

I noticed Seulgi was hesitant but she nodded, I took my wallet from the sling bag and handed the payment to her.

"Just accept it okay?" I said and she nodded.

Seulgi came out of Joshua's office and I went to Joshua's desk, I wondered why he also stood up and he turned to the right side.

"I have a table so we can eat there." Then he pointed the table.

I nodded and just walk towards the table, I sat on the chair and put my order on the table, I looked at Joshua as he laid the tupperware on the table. We started eating and I noticed that we were very quiet, but maybe it's okay, right?

"Uhm, Shua?"

"Yes?"

"Will you come home later?" I asks him.

"I'll see if I come home later." He answered.

"Why? Will you go home after you eat?" He asks me.

"Uhm, yes. I'll go home later." I answered.

"I'll take you home later after we eat." He said.

"Hey, it's okay to me, I'll just commute." I response.

"I need to make sure you’re safe Naomi, you’re pregnant and I won’t let you go home alone." He said.

I just nodded and he might sulk, when we finished eating we rested first, about 12:30 maybe we will leave.

"Joshua, you need to go back to the hospital." I said when we got in to his condo.

"I asked permission to go home now, too boring in the hospital because I can’t see you." He said.

I sighed, he needed a job to think about now, especially since we were going to have a child.

"We are going to have a baby Joshua." I said.

"I have accumulated something, I am always ready for my future, and this is what was given to me." He said.

I just smiled, but he needs to work too instead of staying here at his condo with me, but I feel great because I have a man like him.

"I love you."

"I love you too."