chp.5

an: Longest chapter yet whoop !!
With a split perspective (what do we think about them like dislike?)

Don't forget to Comment & Vote
_________________________________

~Morrigan~

Groaning loudly I roll my body over on the bed, my noodle arms pushing my upper body up. I look around the curtains are open but the sun is setting, how long did I fall asleep for. Panicking I hop out of bed letting another groan out in response and attempt to walk a quick pace to the kitchen to check the time.

5:20 pm. Ok not too bad but I have 40 minutes now to get everything done before James is home. Why do I always put everything on the back burner. If can finish up the work he wouldn't notice when he goes to bed that would be ideal.Making a deal with myself to complete the chores I know he will notice first I get to work.

Taking another two pain killers to try ease the pain as I try to start on the dishes. My back aches as I walk around I don't even remember being hit in the back last night.

As I clean away the grime off the dishes I fall into a trance like state almost. It like when your so familiar with getting yourself from work to your house you could do that with your eyes closed, that kinda trance. I switch on the radio allowing the hum to fill the silence Stevie Nicks plays through. God I love that women.

Chopping and cutting the vegetables for dinner, stirring the sauce over the pasta I realise I've been in here along time almost too long. Looking up at the clock it's 6:09pm James should be well home by now .

He's a punctual man, would rather be too early rather than late by a minute. I suppose I used to be like that, I was always a people pleaser specially when it came to the kids I taught, I was always eager to fill their minds with new information and I adored the fun facts and story's they told me daily. I miss it.

I set the table fast not sure if he will walk through this door at any moment. I plate his food and my own and fill up a glass of white wine for him and water for me. I turn off the radio and place a record onto the player, Go your own way by Fleetwood Mac filters through. There's something about listen to a record at dinner that gives it a elegant feeling.

Nope,  still no sign or sound of James.

So I sit and wait, I can't allow myself to eat without him here, I need to wait he wouldn't want me to eat without him

20 minutes go by and still no sign of him the crackling of the vinyl plays in the background as I'm too frightened to get up and flip the side in case he walks through the door.

Another 20 minutes go by and by stomach begins to rumble begging me to eat my pasta. I can't wait any longer and I dig in. I try to nibble on little bits looking up after every bite in case he walks in he can't see that I didn't wait for him to have dinner he'd have it out for me. I end up finishing the whole dish and there is still no sign of him, staying seated I place my head on the table shutting my eyes for a moment.

After a little while the front door explodes open and hits of the wall behind it bouncing right back. James was standing in the threshold grinning right at me as I sit obediently waiting at the table.

"Honey look at you being so good making me dinner, such a good girl"

I cringe at the nick name i've always hated it I try not to show my disgust on my face.

"Hi baby I made pasta come sit down"

Stumbling forwards he slams the door shut behind himself and places a sloppy kiss on my forehead my face shakes my the affectionate touch. The strong smell of whiskey filling my nose. Great he's drunk.