5.

Ruby's POV

I woke up from my alarm that I set so I'm not late to school "turn that shit off, it's fucking annoying!" He yelled covering his face with the blanket as he laid on his side facing away from me.

I turned off the alarm "I'm sorry" I said getting out of bed. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth then went to our walk in closet to change my clothes.

I wore a blue dress that was in an appropriate length for school and it wasn't too tight. I put on some black heels then went to put some makeup on.

I didn't put so much. I just put some blush, lipstick and eyeliner then I put on some diamond earnings that Nathan got me as a gift for my 24th birthday which was a few months ago.

Nathan and I aren't the perfect couple. If I'm being honest, I actually didn't want to get married to him but my dad wanted me to marry him because he was a close friend of his and he found me 'sexy'.

It made me uncomfortable at first, I didn't like hearing that someone that comes to our house almost everyday finds me sexy. Also he's almost 40. It made me feel weird.

But my dad wanted me to marry him because it would be good if I was married to someone he trusts other than me falling in love with someone then getting my heart broken but that wasn't the reason obviously.

My dad doesn't..love me a lot or at least not anymore and I really wanted appreciation from him but I got none. I was desperate for any kind of love from him so I thought doing what he wanted would make him love me.

Him and I used to have an amazing relationship. We used to play basketball a lot but that was before he started drinking and before I even turned 13.

And he wanted me to marry Nathan for the money. He asks me for money every month knowing Nathan is a millionaire that owns companies and now my dad works at one of them.

He made me marry someone I don't even love so he can get what he wanted and that's what made me hate him.

My parents are divorced and when my mom found out about me getting married to Nathan she freaked out. She didn't want me to marry him and I didn't want to marry him either. I was 20 when we 'got to know each other' and I cried almost every night after coming from a date with him.

Everything felt so forced and I felt so uncomfortable with him because he would be very touchy with me very quickly.

My dad let us get to know each other before getting married. We just dated for like 6 months and got married when I was 21 and he was 37.

The wedding day was a dream but it was with the wrong person, a person I didn't want to marry from the very first beginning.

I was worried that my mom wouldn't show up but she did. She still doesn't like the fact that I'm married to him but she attended the wedding to support me mentally knowing I'm not very happy about this.

She tried to talk my dad out of it but he was stubborn about it.

He was in complete control of my life even if I was 20.

I grew to like Nathan a little but I always wished that it was nothing more than just friends but I guess I have to live with it.

Also he sleeps with random people. He literally said it to my face.

Whenever he wants to have sex I refuse because I'm not really comfortable having sex with..him. He just never showed me that he cared and that he wants to make me feel safe.

At first, before we got married it seemed like he actually cared about me which kind of made me feel a little bit better about marrying him..like only 10% better but after marriage..shit went down.

He wants to have sex a lot. Sex is nice but with the right person so anytime he touches me or tries to hint that he wants to have sex, I act like I don't get it and just try to leave wherever we are.

But once..I caught a girl leaving our house when I was just coming back from my mom's house that was a few hours away from our house which is why I stayed a few days there.

I asked him who she was and he kept saying "she's just someone I work with" when he literally had lipstick on his neck.

Then he went like "yes I fucking had sex with her, you never want to have sex and I'm a fucking man with need!" And that just got printed into my head.

I felt like I was doing something wrong.

But what's so wrong about not wanting to have sex?

I just wish it was someone other than Nathan. Someone I love.

But whatever, I'm going to school now and hopefully I have fun like I did yesterday when I went to teach there for the first time.

A person that caught my attention was Jordan. It was mostly the rude girl that made me focus more on Jordan's behavior.

Her apologizing for something she didn't have to apologize for, made me see how mature she seems or at least more than the others.

She's funny but she knows when to put a limit to it.

She's respectful and I like that because most students aren't to new teacher especially young teachers because they think they can treat us like they treat their friends because we're closer in age.

I got a couple of disrespectful acts yesterday like Jordan's girlfriend and people just interrupting me to make some lame ass joke which triggers me so much.

But I didn't let it bother me a lot because going to teach is my get away from Nathan. It's not that bad of a life with him but it's not the best.

———

"Good morning everyone, please open page 5 so we can start our lesson"

I started my lesson and kept stopping in the middle to make sure they're understanding and that they have no questions.

I actually care for my students' education. I want to make sure they learn from me and that I help them learn new information.

I looked around the class room as I explained what we were taking, my eyes landed on Jordan who was looking at me with her elbow resting on the table and her chin resting on the palm of her hand.

It wasn't because she was bored..she had this admiration look in her eyes or at least that's what I thought.

I couldn't help but smile a little. I looked down, avoiding her gaze and clearing my throat trying to focus again.

I was just a bit nervous. I don't know why but I was.

I looked at her again to see her smiling as she sat back back on the chair still smiling at me.

I didn't stop my lesson and looked away from her, walking back to the board and writing the important things down.

The bell rang after a while "please don't forget to do your homework, have a good rest of your day" I said to everyone as they started packing their things.

"I really understood physics for the first time in my entire life. Thanks Miss" one of the students said before leaving my class, leaving me with a smile on my face.

I sat down on my desk and went through some papers "never thought I'd wish for another class of physics in one day" I looked up to see Jordan standing in front of my desk with her backpack over one shoulder.

I smiled and put my pen down "I'm very well known for being an amazing teacher so hearing you say that is very expected" I said making her laugh.

"I think it is about the teacher to be honest. Never liked physics but I think I'm starting to like it now"