Putting On An Act

Kazuichis pov

I woke up surrounded by intense heat and white walls. I then remembered that I was trapped on an island,in the middle of a killing game as that black and white bear proudly announced before killing our teacher right in front of us. My heart began to pound at the memory of it all. This intense fear I can't control, it's exactly why I was never cut out to be a detective.

"Hey kazzy" I jumped and looked around for the source of the sound "down here pretty boy"

I looked down to see none other than monokuma "gah!" I yelped "how did you get into my cottage!

"Eh I have my ways" he shrugged before turning to my detective uniform "you're a real mystery kid. I don't think I've ever met an ultimate who hides their ultimate and it's such a cool ultimate too!"

"You wouldn't understand nor would I want you to" I glared at him.

"Suit yourself" he shrugged "but you'll have to give up the act at some point. This is a killing game after all and the detective is essential. So what will you do? Give up the mask or die hiding your secret? I can't wait to find out!" He let out a laugh before disappearing.

"Wait!" I called out but it was too late. I ran a hand through my messy pink hair. truth or lies. What path should I follow? I sighed before getting into my boiler suit and stepping outside to see...

"Mahiru?"

"There you are!" Mahiru placed her hands on her hips sternly "we were supposed to be meeting in the dining hall for a meeting. Don't tell me you were hiding in your room this whole time!"

"Maybe" I muttered awkwardly.

"God aren't you supposed to be a man? You should be embarrassed to hide like some cowered"

"Aren't you being a little harsh" I muttered. Why do I always have to make the worst first impression!

"Gah just come with me already!" She grabbed my arm and dragged me off to the dining hall...