Checking Up On Him

Kazuichis pov

I arrived at the hospital as mikan was exiting. She had what was most likely fuyuhikos blood on her clothes and a tired look on her face.

"How is he?" I asked.

She jumped slightly before giving me a conferting smile "he fine thank goodness. I patched up his stomach wound and hooked him up with a blood transfusion. He lost a lot of blood you see"

I nodded "thank you for your hard work mikan"

"No problem. I can't stand the thought of losing someone else" she looked away tearfully before excusing herself. I looked over at the hospital. Time to see fuyuhiko.

*Time skip*

I entered the room fuyuhiko was in last time, hoping he'd be there again. Luckily for me he was. The boy looked deathly pale. Mikan was right. He had lost a lot of blood.

I sat down opposite him "how are you feeling?"

He looked over in surprise "what the fuck are you doing here? I don't need your goddamn pity!"

"I'm not here to pity you. I'm just worried" I explained.

"Worried? After all the shit I put you through?" He let out a dry laugh "you should be happy to see me suffer"

"I don't take pleasure in watching others suffer" I shook my head "it's true that you and I never got along. I pryed too much into your personal life and your temper scared the hell out of me but I want you to get better. That's the truth"

"You're a good kid detective but you're far too soft for the line of work you're in" he smirked.

"Heh you're probably right" I chuckled softly. Funny enough though I think I'm becoming more confident as a detective.

"Though I guess I'm too soft for a yakusa too" a single tear rolled down his cheek. I didn't point it out.

I think he's going to be just fine peko.