Kazuichis Tragic Past

Kazuichis pov

I sat in my bedroom staring at the ceiling, hoping it would shallow me alive. Anything would be preferable to going to school tomorrow.

"Freak!"

"I heard his parents are broke!"

"Well you can tell that much from the clothes he wears"

"Not to mention he smells!"

I could put up with the name calling for the most part. The reason it hurts now is cause I thought I found a friend. Someone I fell in love with for the first time.

Mota.

Honestly I should have seen it coming. All he ever did was ask me to do his homework but when I saw him stand up to my bullies I felt something that I thought my cold heart could never feel. All I wanted to do was please him after that...

And then I got caught cheating and he wanted nothing to do with me.

I sighed and jumped out of bed. I've been planning this for a while but I think this is the push I needed. I grabbed my bag and headed out my bedroom door.

I snuck downstairs where my father was passed out on the table clutching a bottle. I wrapped a blanket around his shoulders with a sad smile. I was always useless with mechinery anyway. Daddy will be better off without me.

I headed out the door and to the bustop. I was going to go as far away from this place as possible and start a new life for myself-

"Excuse me young man" I looked up to see a man dressed in black wearing a bowler hat "you have a very inquisitive look about you. Like you're wise beyond your years"

"Umm who are you?" I asked wearily.

"Ah pardon me. Sataro saihara of the saihara detective agency" he handed me a business card "and I see great potential in you to become a detective"

"Me? A detective?" I looked at him like he was crazy. I mean me a detective? I'm just a normal kid!

"That's right!" He held out his hand "What do you say kid? Would you like to train under me?"

"Would I get to eat hot food and sleep in a comfy bed" I asked hopefully.

"Absolutely!" He held out his hand with a knowing look.

"Ok I'll do it!" I shook his hand.

That night shaped the rest of my life forever.