Mahirus Strange Behaviour

Kazuichis pov

"So we're going to the beach to hang out with a bunch of half naked girls" hajime raised a judgemental eyebrow at me.

"Don't say it like that!" I glared at him, the heat raising in my cheeks "miss Sonia invited me and I thought it was rude to refuse. I'm only inviting you cause I don't want to be the only guy there"

"Makes sense. I figured you weren't the type of guy to perve on girls" he gave me a kind smile.

"Well yeah but it's not like I mind hanging out with girls in cute swimsuits"

"Of course not. We're men after all" hajime wrapped an arm around me. We both laughed together. It felt good. I guess this is how it feels to have a good friend.

"Oh hey isn't that mahiru?" I looked over and so it was. Mahiru was standing at the beach house with an absentminded look on her face.

"Mahiru!" She spun around in shock

"Oh hey guys. What are you doing here?" She questioned.

"Sonia invited us to the beach" I explained.

"She invited you both? Well you're both well mannered boys so I guess it's ok" she smiled warmly.

"Do you want to walk together?" Hajime asked.

"Oh no I'm not going to the beach today. I.. have other plans" she looked to the side sadly. Interesting.

"Really. We could accompany you if you can-"

"No it's ok" mahiru quickly cut me off with a smile "it's kinda private. I'll be fine so you two just enjoy yourselves ok"

"Alright" I nodded as I followed hajime to the diner. If only I insisted on staying with her. Maybe then we could have avoided this tragedy...