Consoling Hiyoko

Kazuichis pov

I walked down the beach lost in thought. Everything's been so difficult lately. Fuyuhiko, hiyoko. I'm so worried about them both! Fuyuhiko seems to be making a recovering but hiyoko-

"Kazuichi?" I looked up to see hiyoko sitting by the beach house. She looked like she was crying.

I smiled and sat down next to her "hey hiyoko. How are you feeling?"

"Why do you care!" She spat "I thought you were pissed at me"

"I don't stay angry for long" I smiled at her.

"Well that's dumb" she pouted "but you were right. I was hiding behind you guys. Next time I see him I'm going to really tell him off!"

"That's a good idea" I nodded "I'm glad you're doing better hiyoko. I was worried that my words really hurt you"

"Hah! Like I could get hurt by the words of a pathetic cowered like you!" She sneered.

"Harsh" I chuckled but I wasn't hurt by her words. I knew by now that it was just the way she compensated.  She was too scared to be vulnerable so she acted like a bully. The only one she ever acted like herself around and she's...

Gone.

"Anyway I'm done hanging around. See ya loser!" She skipped off like a happy child. You wouldn't think she was grieving at all but I know better. I just hope she's able to handle this. At least until we get off this island.