hanging out with friends

Kazuichis pov

"Sooner or later you'll have to reveal your secret. Unless you want everyone to die of course!"

His taunting voice played through my head over and over again. On the off chance that someone dies I'll have to reveal my true ultimate. Is that something I really have to worry about? Are the people I'm stuck with really capable of murder? I don't want to even consider it-

"Kazuichi?" I looked up to see hajime's gentle smile "what's the matter? Your face looks kinda serious"

"Huh? Oh no no, being serious isn't my style. I'm just... scared" I forced the words out. Even being semi-honest is a task for me. I really should work on my trust issues shouldn't I.

"Yeah I can understand" he nodded softly "wanna take a walk with me. Might get your mind off things"

"Will there be anyone else there?" I asked timidity. I feel like walking alone with a stranger in this situation would be unwise.

"We can meet up with chaiki if you want" he looked surprised "why don't you trust me?"

"Sorry" I looked away guiltily.

"It's fine. Probably better to be cautious anyway" he held out a hand to me "you coming?"

"Yeah" I smiled softly as I took his hand. Hajime really is a nice guy.

*Time skip*

We arrived at the hotel where chaiki was slaving away at an arcade game.

"Hey chaiki" hajime gently patted her shoulder, getting her attention "we're going on a walk. Wanna join us"

"Hmm sounds good" she nodded "I need a break from gaming. Let's go walk along the beach together" she flashed us a sweet smile that melted both our hearts before heading outside with us.

"You know kazuichi you interest me" chaiki said as we walked along the sandy beach "you sorta feel different from the others"

"She's got a point" hajime interjected "you come off as bubbly and happy but other times your quiet and reserved. I can't really pin you down"

"You're both pretty perceptive" I sighed "honestly I'm nothing like that at all. I act more friendly in hopes that people will like me more"

"Oh I'm a bit like that too. Socialising is difficult at the best of times" chaiki gave me a gentle smile "you know I don't think anyone would mind if you showed them the real you. We're surrounded by real good people"

"Yeah you got nothing to worry about kazuichi. We're all looking for the same thing at the end of the day. A way out of this hell" hajime stretched his arms lazily.

"Thanks. I'll consider it" I nodded greatfully. It was from there that I decided I would trust everyone..