A New Outfit A New Me

Kazuichis pov

I fixed my tie as I looked in the mirror. My detective uniform was a simple one. Black jacket, a white button up shirt and a yellow tie. I haven't wore this uniform in ages. I didn't feel like I deserve it but it doesn't matter what I think. My classmates need me.

I walked outside and made my way to the dining hall. Everyone was smiling and chatting amongst each other but stopped when they saw me.

Everyone was staring. I subconsciously pulled down my hat "good morning everyone" I muttered

"So this is what the ultimate detective looks like. Gotta say I'm impressed" mahiru smiled.

"Yeah kazzy look's handsome now" ibuki grinned.

"And somewhat compatent" hiyoko snickered.

"Oh t-thank you" I blushed slightly at the girls complements.

"Thought I am wondering why you'd hide your ultimate. Did you not trust us" his tone wasn't accusing. He sounded kind.

It just made me feel worse.

I looked away "it's not you. I just felt like I didn't deserve to be a detective. I struggle to stay calm under stressful situations and I'm way too coweredly. I don't know why anyone thought I was a competent detective"

"Are you kidding? Dude you're the reason we caught teruteru in the first place" akane shook her head.

"It's not fair for me to take all the credit. Hajime and chaiki helped out alot" I muttered nervously.

"Come on. We would have never gotten as far as we did if it wasn't for you" hajime slapped my back.

"That's right" chaiki smiled sweetly "you need to be more confident in yourself and your abilities. You're a wonderful detective and everyone thinks so" the others nodded in agreement.

I lowered my head as I sniffle escaped me. The others exchanged worried looks.

"What's wrong?" Nekumaru asked nervously.

"Sorry it's just.. I can't remember the last time someone was this nice to me" I sniffled.

"Oh come on. If you keep saying stuff like this you're going to make me cry too" mahiru patted my head "now come on. Let's eat breakfast together"

I nodded and headed down for a meal with my friends.