He's Better Off Without Me

Nagitos pov

"And you just let him run off? Just like that!?" My friend hajime said over the phone in disbelief.

"There's nothing I can do hajime" he sighed "I couldn't give him the life he wanted. So he had every right to leave me"

"You could try and have kids with him you know" he muttered "you're never going to find anyone like kazzy again"

"I know but I'm satisfied with what I got" I smiled softly "I can live the rest of my life in contentment, knowing that for the two years I was with the most wonderful boy in the world-"

I stopped mid sentence at a fermillier ring. He's back "hajime I gotta go"

"Fine by me. Go get your man" he said kindly before I hung up.

I hurriedly ran to the door and opened it. As soon as I opened it he jumped into my arms.

"I'm sorry" he sobbed into my chest "I didn't mean to snap at you. I've just been so scared"

"Hush darling it's ok" I rocked him gently, happy to have him back in my arms again "what's gotten you so scared?"

"I'm pregnant" his words shocked me "when I heard you didn't want children I got scared. It felt like you were rejecting me and the idea of taking care of a baby on my own scared the hell out of me. Please please please don't leave me nagito"

"Hey shh it's ok" I muttered softly "I'm not going to leave you. I can't live without you" he let out a sigh of relief against my shoulder. I smiled and scooped him up "no my darling. Let's take you upstairs to rest"

I walked upstairs with my now pregnant boyfriend in my arms. A baby huh. It's not what I planned for but I'll do my best to give my new family a happy life.

(Kazuichis trans in this au if you're wondering)