A Murder!

Kazuichis pov

First there was darkness, then there was panic and chaos. But when the lights switched back we were greeted with something worse...

A dead body. The body of byakuya togami to be precise.

"Ahhhhhhh!" Screams escaped my fellow classmates. Naturally they've never had to face death like this before but I have. I was more than fermillier with a dead body.

"You'll have to reveal your talent to everyone sooner or later"

He was right of course. The time for my talent to shine is now. I can't be selfish anymore. I have to help them!

"Hajime can you move please?" I placed a hand on his shoulder. Before he replied I gently moved him out of the way and bent down over his body.

"Blood in the inside of the tablecloth. Judging from that we can conclude that this was his final resting place" I muttered to myself.

"Kazuichi What's going on" mahiru was cut off by me putting on some rubber gloves and turning over byakuyas body

"My apologies" I muttered softly to my deceased classmate before continuing the investigation. I searched over his body before standing up "he was stabbed several times in the chest, throat and stomach area. He most likely blead to death"

"Are you serious!?" Mahiru covered her mouth in shock.

I nodded "the wounds are clean and thin. Much thinner than a knife"

"Hey kazzy how do you know all this?" hajime asked.

"Yeah this is like a serial killer amount of knowledge!" Ibuki yelped.

I didn't answer them. I wasn't brave enough to answer them. Instead I walked up to mikan "mikan could you perform an autopsy? If I knew how thin the wounds were I know it would really help"

"Ok but can I have a moment to compose myself" the girl asked shakily.

"Of course" I nodded kindly. I knew how difficult it was to check a body "I'm going to investigate the remainder of the building"

"Kazuichi wait" the others called after me but I didn't listen. I wasn't ready to explain myself just yet.

*Time skip*

"I knew it" I jumped and turned around to see nagito smiling at me "those conclusions you came to. That wasn't the work of a simple mechanic. You're something even greater" there was an excited twinkle in his eyes. It freaked me out.

"Well I'm not the only one who was lying" I said defensively "you're hiding something too. I know you are!"

"Kazuichi that isn't very nice" nagito sighed "to think that someone as worthless as me would lie to you amazing ultimates is preposterous!"

"The way you think isn't normal nagito" I glared at him.

"Sure it is. Admiring something that's out of reach is perfectly normal. In fact" he took my hand "let's work together! I promise I'll be of perfect use to you" he dragged me into the storage closet before I could protest.

I studied the closet while nagito watched me in excitement. From here I could see how the blackout was caused, and nagitos involvement but if I want a full picture of events I should ask mahiru for those photos.

*Time skip*

I walked up and tapped her on the shoulder "mahiru?"

"Gah!" She yelped "hey what do you think you're doing sneaking up on me like that!"

"Sorry" I put my hands up in defense "I was just hoping to get a hold of those photos you took before the blackout"

"Sure. I actually drew a blueprint for where everyone was before the blackout if you'd rather have that"

"Yes that would be much appreciated" I nodded as she handed me the blueprint.

"No problem. It's all I'm good for anyway" she sighed.

I read through the blueprint. This makes it all the more clear that nagito was involved but whether or not he committed the crime is still up of for debate.

"Thank you mahiru. Thanks to you I'm much closer to solving the case" I said greatfully.

"Solving the case? What are you a detective?" She laughed. I smiled to myself.

If only you knew...