Ink addiction | Susie x Sammy ⚠

TW: Addiction

Susie ran through the halls of the music department, looking for her boyfriend before he does something stupid. She stopped and asked everyone, stepping in the occasional ink puddle every now and then with her (thankfully) black heels.

"Oh, Sammy? The pointy man with blonde hair?" Buddy tilted his head at the blonde, shifting his arms to keep the stack of papers from slipping. "He went to his office a while ago."

With a mental note to laugh about Sammy being called "pointy", she mentally smacked herself. His office! Why didn't she think of that sooner? Giving the 13-year-old thanks, she ran off to the aforementioned office. Grabbing an uneaten chocolate muffin out of August's tray – a faint "Hey!" followed soon after – as she passed by, she quickly found the door of the office.

Struggling with the lock, she heard Wally toss something in her direction, a set of keys hitting the floor beside her. After yelling thanks to the janitor, she tried every key on the lock.

The third key did her justice.

Quickly opening the door, she spotted the other blond at his desk, who jumped up with a bottle of ink in hand. The two continued to stare at each other, nobody blinking or even moving. Until Sammy's hand twitched slightly.

"Sammy, don't you dare drink that bottle," Susie warned, taking one step further. That set off a chain reaction.

Sammy chugged down the bottle of ink, Susie bursting forward in a vain attempt to stop him before stopping short herself. Pinching her nose bridge with her free hand, she groaned.

"Why, Sammy just why?" Susie asked, making varying motions with her hands in an attempt to emphasize her feelings. She grabbed the bottle from his hand and very loosely inspected it, before looking at him again. "This is the fifth time I caught you doing this!"

Sammy sighed, leaning back on his chair. "What, no hello? Not even a kiss?" Sammy teased in a failed attempt to lighten the mood.

"I can't kiss you when you have some of that blasted ink in your mouth," Susie said in disappointment, placing down the chocolate muffin onto the desk. She paused, before pecking the side of his head. "You're lucky I'm sweet on you Sammy."

꧁⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚☫˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆꧂

Susie struggled with the pair of keys, her breath catching in her throat. "Come on, come on!" She whispered hurriedly as she looked for that one specific key. Why didn't Wally make the keys easier to identify?

"Aha! Sweet victory!" she cheered as she held up the familiar key, unlocking the office door and bursting in. Her smile from the keys dropped.

Ink. Ink was everywhere. On the walls, floors, celling, desk, hell even the music sheets! Sammy would never let the music sheets get ruined! She felt something and wiped the ink that was crawling up her leg with a handkerchief, before discarding it to the side of the room. Hey, when you are the girlfriend of an ink addicted man you know things that most people don't.

So she sat there, looking at the large amount of empty ink bottles around the room. Did he die? Ink is toxic- No, they found no body. He just made a mess and went home...

Oh god the rumors are true. Sammy Lawrence is missing.

Susie stood, tears leaking down her face as she picked up an ink bottle. What did he see in these? She took a whiff and looked at it with mild curiosity. It smelled the same, and she didn't dare to drink it.

Actually she did dare.

In one swift motion, she sculled down the bottle of ink as it burned her esophagus and entered her body. She did not like it. But she heard their voices.

"Susie, what did you do?"

"Susie? The voice actress? Why did she drink the ink?"

"Is she trying to join us? Who would do that?"

"Susie! Why did you drink it?!"

It was Sammy's voice among the screaming in her mind

Susie smiled, the screaming and accusations were still thrown at her, but she didn't care. She drank the music director's entire supply of ink, wishing to hear his voice clearer.

"Sammy I'm coming."

708

Does this count as angst?