I've always been loved| Norman

Life as a black man was always... complicated.

Norman has been loved regardless by his family. After all, they have the same skin color as him. But he knows of the stories of his ancestors being shackled and the war that followed suit. He still has to face going to the store to buy film reels and seeing people look at him disapprovingly (which is why he gets Wally to do it for him) or being able to go to only one bar without being kicked out.

Honestly it was exhausting to hear people whisper about how he was covered in mud all the time, but due to his larger build nobody did anything to him. At least not in the last three years.

Allegedly having homosexual tendencies was... also complicated.

His family always said love is love when they found he never had a crush on other girls his age when he was younger, although he also didn't really fancy boys either. He had one though, once when he was thirteen though on a girl. He never acted on it though.

People start judging him when he tells them that nobody had caught his eye afterwards, even though with no proof they couldn't get him arrested. Actually no, they can get him arrested for other things for ,you know, being black.

Having a Texan accent didn't do him any good either, even when he managed to reduce it to a general southern drawl and getting rid of the twang. He still remembers when people would literally look at him in shock or burst out laughing at actually hearing it in the flesh instead of on film, which pretty much made him put it into his "file" of secret talents.

It helped the sound/music department with some voice acting, and by that he meant when Susie needed to get an accent for one episode. Ah, good times. Being forced to socialize with people with such beautiful voices compared to his almost scratchy one. It kinda reminded him of sandpaper. But everyone in the music department loved hearing it. Like Shawn, that found it unique and interesting to listen to his voice, be it the general southern or Texan. It was a change, they told him, to the generic voices that everyone had. He would later find out that if you held an accent that people didn't really hear often the music department would be fascinated.

He still didn't know why. It was kinda strange, but when has things ever been normal?

Even with those three major qualities about him, not many people cared. Well, a lot. It is the 1930s after all, and people weren't really accepting his kind. But Norman still has his own batch of friends that would support him no matter what.

.

.

.

.

.

The projectionist wandered the halls. He remembered when Norman would talk about random stories, even ones that he would start to forget. Even as his sanity slowly slipped out of his grasp and he slowly stopped fighting.

Do people still love him?