Part 3 - An Accidental Meet

Later, Mini told Arya to sleep. But Arya was still not over Neil's fairy land. Mini made her lay on the bed and she herself sat next to her. Arya kept her head in her lap and continued talking. Mini felt sleepy but Arya didn't let her sleep. She wanted Mini to keep listening to her. Accepting her defeat, Mini smiled a little and tried to listen to her attentively. She kept her hand on her head and ruffled her hair. Soon, she slept but Arya was unaware of it. After a couple of minutes blabbering, she realised that Mini had slept and tried to wake her up. She shook her but Mini didn't stir.

Arya: Veer Balika, utho naa! I haven't finished talking yet. Please, utho naa!

"What happened Arya? Please let me sleep. I'm very tired," Mini replied in a sleepy voice.

Arya: But let me complete first.

Mini: Arya, I'm not interested in your friend and his story. Mujhe bahot neend aa rahi hai. Tum bhi so jaao. Good night.

"It's not a story. It's a reality," argues Arya.

Mini didn't reply. Arya frowned but not left with an alternative, she hugged Mini tight and slept.

Next morning, Mini woke up and saw Arya clinging close to her.

"Good morning, Arya," she tried to wake her up by kissing her head.

"Get up now or you'll get late for school. Arya..."

Saying this, she again slept. Arya slowly woke up rubbing her eyes. She looked at Mini.

Arya: Mujhe utha rahi hain. Khud phir se so gayi. Veer Balika utho! Kitna soti ho tum. Uth jaao Veer Balika. Tumhe bhi toh jana hai naa. Veer Balika!!

Mini was startled as Arya shook her out of her sleep.

Mini: Haan? K..kya... kya hua? Tum theek ho chhutanki?

Arya: Offo! Kuch nahi hua. Maine uthaya hai tumhe. Ab chalo jaldi nahi toh main bhi late ho jaungi aur tum bhi.

Mini: Kya yaar Arya! You scared me. Aise kaun uthata hai?

Arya: Toh main kya karu? Tum uthti hi nahi ho. Kitna mushkil hai tumhe uthana!

Mini recalled how her mom used to say the same thing.

"Kisi tapasya se kam thodi hai tujhe uthana."

Mini smiled remembering her words but suddenly realised that she was running late.

"Oh my goodness, matarani! We're late, chhutanki!! Why are you still sitting here? C'mon, go and get ready," Mini started panicking.

"What!!?," Arya says frowning.

Mini got Arya ready for the school and soon they left.

Mini: Achha Arya, Rani didi roz ki tarah tumhe lene aayengi. Waise toh woh tumse pehle pahunch jayengi. Agar late ho jaye toh tum kahin idhar udhar mat chali jana. And do not talk to any stranger. Okay?

Arya: Tum roz subah yahi bolti ho.

Mini: Haan haan pata hai. Tumhare liye hi bolti hoon main. Please kal ki tarah kuch mat karna aage se.

Arya: Okay.

Mini dropped her at school and left for her work. After work, she returned in the evening and played with Arya. The doorbell rang and she was surprised to see her childhood best friend, Preet back after attending a cousin's wedding.

Mini: Preet Kaure!!

Preet smiled and they both hugged each other.

Mini: When did you return?