Part 56 - Role reversal

Preet and Mini reached the mall. They were trying some dresses. Mini entered the trial room and recalled the last time she went there when she was accompanied by Neil. A smile appeared on her face as she could notice the changes in herself and the change occurred because of his presence, his genuine efforts and care for her which faded away her fear and panic attacks.

Preet was waiting for her outside the changing room when she realised that Mini was alone there. She tapped on the door of the room.

Preet: Mini?

Mini: Haan Preet.. kya hua?

Preet: Nahi, hua kuch nahi.. tu theek hai?

Mini: Haan. Mujhe kya hoga?

Preet: Woh.. tu itni der se ander hai. Isliye pucha.

Mini: Haan bas aa rahi hoon.

She unlocked the door and came out wearing a new dress. Preet was surprised to see her. Mini clicked her finger in front of Preet's face.

Mini: Kahan kho gayi?

Preet: Nahi.. bas soch rahi thi ki tu kitni badal gayi, Mini!.. tu sach mein theek hai naa?

Mini smiled and nodded her head.

Mini: Haan! Theek hoon. Dekh, tere saamne khadi hoon. Sahi salamat! And I know what you're thinking. Preet, logo ka bahot influence hota hai hum par. Kisi ka negative toh kisi ka positive impact hota hai. Aur aaj jis positivity ke sath main khadi hoon tere saamne, mujhe kehne ki zaroorat nahi hai ki Neil ka kya effect hua hai mujh par. I would have once again passed out in this trial room if it weren't for him. I'm blessed to have him as my saviour, my man, my... everything! You know, Preet.. us din maine bina kisi darr ke, sab kuch bata dia Neil ko. I never planned to do so. It.. it just happened, naturally. Aur shayad yahi reason hai ki aaj main phir se usi mall ke ek trial room mein thi par ek alag hi satisfaction ke sath, ek alag hi feeling thi jab maine room ander se lock kia. Darr nahi laga mujhe. In fact, I was so calm. The way he has cured me is no less than a miracle. Sirf ek positive support se usne mere ander ke darr ko khatam kar diya.

Preet just smiled at her with tears forming up in her eyes. She immediately hugged her best friend. Mini reciprocated the hug but soon they parted. They wiped their tears off their faces. After a short pause..

Preet: Chal ab change kar isey. Yeh laal peele kapdo mein joker lag rahi hai. Neil ne agar aise dekh liya hota naa, toh bhaag jana tha usne..

Mini: 😯

Preet laughed while Mini hit her on her arm. The two pals headed towards the coffee shop after Mini changed her clothes.

Her phone beeped with a new message as they took the table.

Hey! Landed safely.. will call you once I check-in at the hotel. ☺️

A smile crept across Mini's face the moment she read his message. "Okay. I'll wait". She texted back. Preet cleared her throat to get her attention.

Preet: Hum sath mein aaye hai na? Ya tu akeli hai?

Mini: Umm.. sorry.. kuch order kar yaar. I'm famished!

They were together all day and went home exhausted in the evening. Mini slouched down on the chair next to the bed after throwing her shopping bags on it. Arya ran into her room and gave her a bear embrace. Mini gave her a firm hug as well and kissed her on the top of her head.

Mini: Arya.. did you complete your homework? Maasi ko zyada pareshan toh nahi kiya?

Arya: Nahi. Maine kisi ko tang nahi kiya. Homework bhi kar liya. Par maine Neil ko bahot miss kiya.