Part 54 - Love is in the air

Neil: Badi jaldi soch liya..

He looked at her skeptically while she smirked.
___________________________________

She couldn't supress her laughter and burst out giggling. He looked at her completely confused.

Neil: What? Hass kyun rahi ho? Kya.. kya chal kya raha hai tumhare dimag mein?

Mini: Neil, tum darr rahe ho?

Neil: Oh madam! Main darta varta nahi hoon.

Mini: Of course, I can see that!

Neil: Zyada sarcastic hone ki zaroorat nahi hain. Ab batao bhi! Kya socha hai aisa?

Mini: Kyun? Somebody is a mind reader here! Toh main kyun batau?

Neil: Mera mood nahi hai.

Mini: Oh rehne do tum. (Mimics him) Mood nahi hai. Tumse na hoga yeh mind reading and all!

Neil: Tum mujhe challenge kar rahi ho?

Mini: Challenge hi samajh lo.

He firmly held her arm and pulled her close to him. She gasped as his heavy breath fanned her face. His face was mere inches away from hers. Her hands slowly yet spontaneously rested on his chest. He looked into her eyes with a gleam in his own. He unknowingly slipped his hands around her waist and pulled her even closer. She felt a sudden jolt of electricity running down her body. As a reflex, she grasped the collar of his shirt. With the perfect smile on his face, he leaned forward and kissed her forehead, with all his love. They both shut their eyelids, feeling the moment and could sense each other smiling. Upon opening his eyes, he saw her getting devoured into the feeling. He smiled at her innocent looking face. He cupped her cheek with one hand while the other still covered her waist. She slowly opened her eyes again and leaned on to his touch.

"Mini..", he said huskily. She felt his voice in her stomach, sending down the butterflies. She was breathing heavily yet calmly. Her chest was rising and falling down as she continued to look into his deep orbs. She was into oblivion. He had to repeat her name to get her out of the dream world. "Hmm", she was startled but continued to smile. "You know what brings me closer to you?" He brought his fingers close to her lips and traced her smile. Looking straight into her eyes, he added, "This.. your eyes, deep brown eyes. And when you smile, the glint in these orbs of yours, makes me the happiest man alive on this planet." She lowered her gaze and a tint of pink was evident on her cheeks. She found herself lost in his words that she had forgotten how she was teasing him a few minutes back.

He, all of a sudden, withdrew his hands off of her face and waist. She looked at him with the same gleam but a perplexed look in her eyes. He pretended to yawn. She gave him an annoying look. Failed to understand the sudden change in his behaviour, she finally asked, "What happened?" "Hmm..? Nothing, I'm just tired. I think I should sleep now." He replied while trying to hide his smile. "Tired? Itne hi tired the toh aaye kyun yahan?" She asked and turned her face in the opposite direction. He didn't answer back but just smiled at her. He ruffled her hair affectionately. "Well, someone was just asking for a return gift.." He said with a tease in his voice. She realised the same and immediately turned to look at him. He was already smiling. She couldn't help but chuckle at her own self. He too joined her in the laughing session.

After a while, he stood up and was going inside, when she stopped him with her little finger. He turned to look at her and leaned a little forward. "I'll be back, Madam." He said huskily, making her shiver once again. She smiled slightly and he walked into his room.

She saw him coming back with the violin in his hand. He sat beside her and smiled. She was quite amazed by the fact that he sensed her correctly. She so wished to have this as her return gift, him playing the violin just for her and there he was, sitting next to her, ready to play it. He raised his eyebrows which broke her trance. And in that moment, she realised that she should not have challenged him. He was always right whenever he said he could read her mind and soul. "This is exclusively for you, ma'am." He said in a deep, rough voice. She blushed.