Part 38 - Absence of communication

At night, Mini sat in the gallery. Silently feeling the cold wind touching her body. Alone, she took out her diary and started writing something.

That beginning of winter, which I wished to spend with you.
That time of the year which I wanted to share a part of me with you sitting beside me, or making coffee for both of us in the middle of the night.

And sharing every little detail of the day.. Our first winter but you're not here. I wish, you were here next to me, holding me tight in your arms and never letting go.

And in this wintery cold, we playing the violin together. But you know what? I like it more when you, just you play it for me. It feels special. I feel special!

I miss your warm hands that provide me warmth in my weakness. I miss every little thing about you. I even miss you teasing me, annoying me for no reason and then enjoying it for yourself. I wish I could ever tell you what I feel deep down in my heart. I wish I could tell you that I want to belong to you, only you. Though I know you're already aware of it. And this very fact pierces my heart.

But again, I feel, it's wrong to feel this way. I shouldn't!
However, I don't have control over my feelings now.
And now, I fight with you in my mind for you're not here, though the reason is me.

A tear escaped her eye and dropped down on her diary.

Tu nahin toh inn labon pe
Ik shikhayat reh gayi hai
Dur hi jab karna tha toh
Paas kyun lana bata
Khuda tujhe bhi toh pyaar hoga
Khuda juda tera yaar hoga
Khuda janega tu faaslo
Ka hai yeh dard kya

Kaali kaali khaali raaton se
Hone lagi hai dosti
Khoya khoya in raahon mein
Ab mera kuchh bhi nahin..

Har pal har lamha
Main kaise sehta hoon
Har pal har lamha
Main khud se yeh kehta rehta hoon
Tujhe bhula diya oh
Tujhe bhula diya oh
Tujhe bhula diya oh
Phir kyun teri yaadon ne
Mujhe rula diya oh

Neil, on the other side was lost deep in his thoughts. Though his heart ached yet he had a slight smile on his face as his thoughts surrounded Mini. He recalled their initial meetings, the weird silly fights, the friendship, the growing closeness between them and everything they shared whether verbally or through their eyes made him grow nearer to her yet the distance between them ached his heart. Meanwhile, Mini was still on the balcony. She couldn't help but think of him. She recollected the time he was there for her, selflessly... Without any personal gain.. even before they hardly knew each other. She also remembered how he helped her overcome her past. He heard her when she herself couldn't. He heard her unspoken words... Her silence and touched the very cord of her heart which cannot be undone. He was there for her in her most vulnerable condition. She thought to herself if she was being selfish by not listening to him. Thinking of all this, she felt sleepy and dozed off there itself, with her diary clung close to her heart. After sometime, her phone rang and she jerked off from her sleep.

Mini: Haan Preet..

Preet: Yaar darwaza khol. Kab se bell baja rahi hoon.

Mini: Oh, okay... Coming.

She opened the door for Preet and she started yelling at her.

Preet: Problem kya hai teri? Raat ko itna samjhaya tujhe par teri samajh nahi aata naa kuch?