Part 10 - Face - to - face

Posting this with no electricity at home🥺am bored...will entertain myself with your responses now🤭❤️

She bumped into a person who was entering the house at the same time. They were about to fall but he balanced himself and managed to hold her by her wrist... His other hand around her waist. Their phones landed at the other corner on the floor.

The two pairs of eyes met. His deep and gleaming eyes didn't allow her to think about anything but him...she tried recalling something. Nevertheless, she didn't blink her eyes. He too was lost in her radiating eyes. A soft smile appeared on his face, unknown to his conscious mind. His mind also tried recalling where he had seen those beautiful orbs before..

The moment she recollected everything, she stood straight and pushed him a little. She wanted to speak a lot, to ask something, and to start with the usual fights she always had whenever they ran into each other. However, the words just scrambled up in her head and failed to support her thoughts.

Her sparkling eyes made him realise that he had seen her at the mall, where they stumbled upon each other in a similar way. (Refer to part -1) Though, both were surprised how they didn't realise the very fact in their previous meetings, yet decided to stay mum on this. Perhaps, because after their first meeting, they never got so close to look into those intense eyes.

He kept looking at her with the same smile playing along his lips, without blinking his eyes. Feeling embarrassed, she turned her face the other side and lowered her lashes. She tried hard to avoid the eye contact whereas his gaze didn't leave the beautiful sight.

After a couple minutes, they both spoke together..

"Tum.."

"I mean..."

Still avoiding the eye contact, she gestured to him with her hand to continue and he with his eyes, thanked her.

Neil: Perhaps, you too, have realised something.

She, at once looked up at him and...

Mini: Something? W..what something? What are you talking about?

Neil came forward...taking full advantage of teasing her, he asked in a hoarse but playful tone,

"You really don't know?"

"I... I.. don't...what do you want to know?", She replied taking a step back.

"Okayy! So you want me to come straight to the point?", He replied while taking a step back to his original position after realising she was getting uncomfortable.

She just looked at him in amazement.

"The meeting! Our... first meeting."

"Yeah...that...that stupid accident. What about that?"

Neil: No!!

Mini: Then what?

Neil: Ab itna bhi anjaan mat bano ki tumhe kuch yaad nahi aaya... I know... you've recalled it.. that meeting of ours...at the mall..

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because of your eyes."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean exactly what I'm saying.. your eyes told me everything that you were thinking at that moment... Everything!"

She looked at him, quite perplexed and surprised. The words fell short for her and she clouded up her mind with varied thoughts.

What does he mean by everything? Has he only read what I was thinking at that moment or something else too? Was he for real? Does he know anything about me?

While Mini worried herself with such thoughts, he was enjoying himself looking at her confused state of mind.

Neil: Zyada mat socho. Main aankhein hi nahi, dimag bhi padh sakta hoon.

She gave him a surprised look. He didn't let go of that pretty smile of his and the shine of his eyes. Mini, hesitantly, managed to ask...

Mini: W..why am I even talking to you? By the way, tum yahan kaise aaye?

Neil: Chal kar..

Mini: Tum apne yeh purane PJ's apne paas hi rakho.

Neil: Okay, as you say. Now if you could excuse me, may I enter?

Mini: But why?

She came forward and blocked his way. Her serious look made him gasp a little and he jerked backward.

Mini: Stop overreacting! ... Aur batao bhi!! Ander kyun aa rahe the tum? Kya chaiye? Chori karne lage the?

Neil: What? Main tumhe shakal se chor dikhta hoon?

Mini: Shakal ka toh pata nahi. Par jis tarah se tum mind reading kar rahe the uss according toh psychiatrist lag rahe ho.

Neil just smiled at her making her confused.

Mini: Tum...sach mein psychiatrist ho?

Neil: Well, not exactly. But yes, I'm a doctor.

Just then Poonam returned from the boutique and saw Neil standing near the entrance of the house.

Poonam: Arre, aa gaye tum?... Par yahan kyun khade ho?

She entered and saw Mini standing at the opposite side.

Poonam: Mini, tu yahin hai abhi?

Mini: Yahan kyun khade ho matlab? Aapko pata tha ki yeh aane wala hai?... Wait a second! Aap abhi jo kirayedar ki baat kar rahe the..woh.. yeh hai??

Poonam: Haan... Tu baith toh. Main batati hoon.

Mini: What??

She gave an annoying look to Poonam.

Poonam: Tu baith naa Mini..

Mini: Yaar mujhe nahi baithna. Main ja rahi hoon. (Whispering into her ears) Pehle nahi bata sakte the aap? Pata nahi kya kya bol diya maine isey.

Poonam tried to stop her but her the landline phone rang and she went inside the room. While, Neil intercepted her.

Neil: Excuse me, Ms...

She turned towards him. He too, faced towards her.

Mini: Yes?

Neil: We've met a couple times now but every time we have ended up arguing with each other. Now that we are neighbours and would come face to face almost daily, don't you think it's better to resolve the issues we previously had?

He didn't wait for her reply but extended his hand to meet with hers.

Neil: Hi. I'm Neil.. Dr. Neil Oberoi.

This was another surprising revelation for her. The moment she heard the name, her mind travelled into the past..

"...I'll talk to one of the best doctors there. He must be in the OPD at this time."

"What's his name?"

"Neil...Dr. Neil Oberoi."

"Veer Balika, tumhe pata hai? Yeh doctor wohi hai.... Ice cream wala."

Arya, what's this? From where did you get this ice cream?"

"A very tall and handsome man bought this for me".

"I need to see Dr. Neil Oberoi."

"Lekin itni jaldi kaise check kar liya doctor ne? Yeh kaisa doctor hai?...main baat karke aati hoon."

"Arre kisse baat karogi? Doctor bhi chale gaye."

Mini again recalled their first meeting at the mall and started connecting the dots. She realised that he was the same doctor she was supposed to meet for Arya. 

While Mini was thinking about all this, Neil was still standing in front of her, waiting for her to meet his hands. He cleared his throat to get her attention. She came back to her senses and observed him from bottom to top.

To be continued..