Part 17 - Flirting and violin classes

Neil kept his coffee mug on the round table in front of him and stood up from his chair.

Neil: Okay, so.. let's introduce each other once again.

He extended his hand towards her.

Neil: Hi.. I'm Neil. Just Neil!

Mini smiled and got up to shake her hand with his.

"Mini and only Mini!", She said while shaking hands with him.

Mini and Neil: (together) Nice to meet you Neil/Mini.

They smiled and took their seats again to have their coffee.

Neil: Waise.. aaj Arya akeli nahi hai?

Mini looked at him as she creased her brow and pursed her lips into a slight curve. She gave him a 'what do you mean?' look, though she clearly understood what he meant.

"You already know what I mean", he replied looking straight into her eyes. "The other day you refused to have coffee because Arya was alone at home. But today, here you are sitting right beside me when she is probably alone there again, and I guess.. it's late too", he added with a smirk.

She shook her head with the same smile on her lips.

"You're wrong! She's not alone... Rani didi hain uske sath."

Neil: Rani? Woh toh chali jati hai naa 6 baje? And it's already ... (He looked at his wrist watch) nine now.

Mini: Haan par aaj nahi gayi.

Neil: Kyun?

She again turned her face at him with a quirk brow.

"Is she our topic of discussion today?", Mini questioned sarcastically.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Of course not! I... I was just curious."

"Okay.. so to answer your curiosity.. she didn't go because I asked her to stay. And before you bombard me with your further questions.. I asked her to stay because... (she smiled and signalled at the coffee mug she was holding, and then at him with her deep brown orbs)

A soft smile took over his lips and eyes shone with warmth as he understood her gestures.

They sat there for some more time in silence, enjoying the cool weather. Neil was adoring her with warmth in his eyes and a smile that never faded away from his lips. She looked away feeling shy and blushed a little.

"Umm... I think I should leave", she said turning her face at him.

"But your coffee?"

"I'm done. Thank you for the coffee and...

"And?"

"...and your company."

She said with a smile.

"Oh by the way.. it's been four days for my violin classes and you still haven't asked for your fees. So tell me?? What's your fees, Sir.😄

"How many times are you going to ask this? I've already told you that... Just some of your time here on this terrace after your classes... I ... mean.. just coffee time."

"Hmm... But you were so eager to send me away just a few minutes back."

"I didn't mean that."

"Yeah, of course! And I'm not going to have coffee daily, okay? So you better tell me your fees. Bata do isse pehle main apna mind change karlu.. I can get away without paying you for it."