Part 31 - A special duet 💫

A bit longer than usual.
____________________________________

Mini was in the hall, killing her time by reading a magazine when Neil came out clad in traditional look. His ever so good personality enhanced in that bright kurta and he looked handsome with his long curly hair as he rolled up his kurta sleeves. They gazed at each other and were mesmerized by their charisma. Their lips formed a smile and they got lost in adoring each other. Mini walked up to him... Her anklets were making sounds similar to his heartbeats... She lost her balance while walking as the uneasiness of the saree kicked in, she was about to fall when Neil held her by her waist and arm. The surroundings filled up with the fragrance of newly found love.. their eyes speaking volumes which words couldn't do justice.

Neil: You okay?

Mini: (Standing straight) Yeah, thanks. By the way, you look so good in ethnic.

Neil: I always look good..

Mini playfully hit him on his arm.

Neil: 😄 And you're glowing, just like a diamond.

She lowered her gaze feeling shy.

Mini: Umm.. chalein?

Neil: Haan chalte hai but... have you informed your 'friend' that now he doesn't need to come?

Mini: (without realising) Which friend?... Ohh.. yeah....of course.. I have.

Neil smirked.

Mini: What? Don't smile like that!

Neil: Listen, I'm getting all your tricks, okay? Woh toh bahot shareef hoon main, kuch kehta nahi hoon..

Mini giggled. He tried giving her a stern look but soon joined her in and they both shared a hearty laugh.

Mini: Let's go now. We're getting late.

Neil: Haan but.. Arya?

Mini: Oh yeah.. How can I forget!? We can't leave her alone. Kya karein?

Meanwhile, someone was at the main door..

....: Arya mere hote akele kaise hogi?

Mini turned around to see her aunt who had just returned to Delhi.

Mini: (excitedly) Masi!!

She ran up to her and they both hugged each other.

Mini: Aap kab aaye? Phone kyun nahi kiya? Main station aa jati aur.. itna time laga dia! Wahan ab sab theek hai na?

Poonam: Ruk ja Mini!! Itne sare sawal ek sath? Abhi tum dono jao jahan bhi ja rahe the. Baad mein aaram se baith kar baat karenge... Waise, tu theek hai naa?

She nodded her head with a broad smile on her face.

Poonam: Kahan ja rahe ho tum dono?

Mini: Woh.. ek Diwali party hai. Wahin ja rahe hain. And...thank you for coming. You're such a saviour!

Poonam: Achha achha, ab zyada makkhan na laga. Jaao tum dono. Main Arya ke paas jati hoon. Aur zyada der mat karna. Time se aa jana. Neil, beta khyal rakhna.

Neil smiled a little and blinked his eyes assuring her that Mini's safety is his priority, and they both walked out of the house after bidding adieu to Arya. They had booked a cab which was already waiting for them outside. They sat inside and drove off.

They reached the venue in the next thirty minutes. It was beautifully decorated with lights giving proper Diwali vibes. It was a huge spacious club with beacons at the entrance. The ambience of the place lightened up with the vibe of the festive season as some melodies played in the background.