Part 53 - Nafrat ki Nishani

The journey from the hospital to home was silent. They didn't utter a word throughout. However, the silence between them was speaking volumes. They both looked outside the window, silently shedding tears. Mini cleaned the tears off from the corner of her eyes. Neil's eyes too held tears yet anger and rage clearly resided in them. Tears for the love he has for her and the anger of the past he has still been holding.

They reached home and the moment they entered, they knew what was coming. They exchanged looks.

Neil: Mini, help me please.

Mini: I told you. Ab bhugto.

Arya was sulkily sitting at the corner of the couch as they approached her. She saw them and turned her back at them. Mini smiled and shook her head. Neil bent down in front of her and held her ears.

Neil: I'm sorry Arya. I made you wait a lot.

Arya: (removing his hands from his ears) Tum kyun sorry bol rahe ho? Main tumse nahi, Veer Balika se naraz hoon.

Mini: Arre! Maine kya kiya?

Arya: Tumne kaha tha ki tum dono jaldi aa jaoge.. itna time laga diya. Maine itna kuch plan kiya tha..

Mini: Umm...

Neil suppressed his laughter and mouthed her "Ab bhugto". She glared at him. He averted his gaze from her but continued to smile.

Mini: Arya, aise naraz thodi na hote hain... Acha batao, kya plan kiya hai?

Arya: Mujhe bhook lagi hai ab. Kuch nahi hai khane ko.

Mini: Maasi kahan hain?

Arya: Woh toh boutique par hain.

Mini: Tum kab se akeli baithi ho?

"Akeli nahi hai woh. Main hoon naa iska sath. Maasi bas abhi gayi thi. Jab main aayi." Preet answered from behind after attending a call.

Neil: Arya, aapko bhook lagi hai isliye naraz ho? Main kuch bana deta hoon.

Arya: Nahi. Main Veer Balika se naraz hoon. Main tumse baat nahi karungi.

Mini: Acha meri maa. Mat karna baat. Par yeh toh bata kya plan kiya hai?

Arya smiled inwardly and ran to her room. She came back with a gift wrapped in paper and handed it to Neil.

Neil: Yeh kya hai?

She just smiled at him. He smiled back and opened it. The next moment, his eyes turned moist and the tears rolled down his face. It was a frame of a picture with his sister. He looked at Arya with never ending tears seeping down his cheeks. Arya just smiled at him cutely. Mini too had tears in her eyes but she was way too proud of her little sister's maturity.

Mini: Arya, yeh.. yeh tumne.. kaise kiya?

Arya: Main tumse zyada smart hoon, Veer Balika.

Mini and Preet chuckled while Neil was continuously adoring the frame.

Arya: Maine yeh photo Neil ke room mein dekhi thi aur phir frame karva diya.

Mini: Haan par yeh akele kaise kiya tumne?

Preet: Akele nahin. Shaam ko jab tu hospital chali gayi thi tab isne mujhse discuss kiya. Toh is photo ki copy karwa ke frame karva diya humne. Haan par, idea Arya ka tha.

Arya: Haan. Taki ek photo bhi Neil ke paas rahe aur frame bhi ban jaye. Thank you Preet didi.

Preet: You're welcome Arya.

Mini: I'm so proud of you chhutanki!

Mini knelt down in front of Arya and hugged her tightly though she tried showing some tantrums but Mini being Mini managed to convince her. She cupped Arya's face and kissed her on the forehead.