Part 11 - Acquaintance

Mini was spellbound when she observed him from bottom to top. Her eyes remained wide open. She was mesmerized with his tall physique. Though, they met a couple of times before but she never saw him with that same intense feeling she herself didn't know. She had never felt the same spark by anyone else which she felt that day.

She realised that Neil still had an extended hand towards her and was continuously looking at her. She shook her hands with his.

Mini: Hi. I'm Mini... Mini Khurana..

Neil: Nice meeting you, Ms. Khurana.

Mini: Tum... I mean, aap... Doc.. Dr. Oberoi? Woh uss din... I'm so sorry. I never realised that.

She felt confused and didn't know what more to say other than what she just murmured.

Neil: How would you? You never knew my name. Moreover, we never interacted before. We always argued with each other.

Smiling a little, she replied,

"Yeah... I'm sorry for that accident. It was not completely your fault. I too, was driving fast and... We bumped into each other."

Neil: Right.. achhe lagte hain mujhe woh log jo apni galti maan lete hain.

Mini: Sorry!?

Neil: It's okay. Apology accepted, Ms... Khurana.

Mini: Unbelievable!!

He smiled at her whereas she just gave a strange look to him.

Mini: Anyway, actually uss din wahan mall mein meri...

Her phone rang making the conversation to be left midway. She was going to tell him about Arya but the call didn't allow her to. They looked towards the phones still lying on the floor and then at each other, and recalled the moment they just shared.

Soon coming out of her thoughts, Mini ran up to the phone and took it.

"I... I need to take this call."

She excused herself and started walking out while talking to Arya over the call. Neil couldn't put his gaze off her till she went away from his sight.

Next day

Mini: Arya... Aaj mujhe na jaldi pahuncha hai. Toh Rani didi tumhe bus stop par drop kar dengi. Aaj bus se chali jana school. Theek hai?

Arya: Nahi. Tum hi chalogi mujhe chhodne. Scooty par. Main bus mein nahi jaungi.

Mini: Arya zidd nahi karte. Kaha na maine jaldi jana hai mujhe.

Arya's face turned sullen which melted Mini's heart.

Mini: Achha... Maine lene aa jaungi. Happy?

Arya: Promise?

Mini: Haan, promise Dadi ammaa! Abhi jau main? Der ho rahi hai mujhe.

Arya smiled and agreed. Mini kissed her forehead and left.

Outside the house..

Mini: (to herself) Yaar yeh scooty ko kya hua ab! Isey bhi abhi kharab hona tha!!

She heard the sound of the bike and turned to see Neil ready to leave. He saw her and observed that she was looking tense.

Neil: Hi... All okay?

Mini: Hi.. actually, my scooty... I don't know what went wrong.

Neil: Oh, repair karwani hai?

He asked with a smile on his face. She smiled back realising what he was indicating at.